Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help!!

What was the current?

Sh*t I can't remember.. all I remember is having a good feeling about the number that came up...

"3. something" amps < Don't quote me on it, I've confused myself now.

Last edited:

Now I'm not trying to be mean or negative in any way but If I'm reading things here correctly :
you couldn't figure out how to connect the AC power even though the contacts are labelled and the unit has the rated powers clearly indicated on it,
you are trying to perform the precision alignment needed of the components to allow the lasing from them to happen at maximum or near maximum output.
So you don't know anything about AC but you are well versed in the finer issues of DPSS systems ?
:thinking:
Am I missing something ?

Well OK then.
I'm known to usually do things the hardest way first time too.
Then if it's too much you can always try the easier way.
:p
But some people just have some training in low power circuits and devices and never get the high power training too so I am just curious as to the situation here.
I can almost remember waaaaaaaaay back when I didn't know much either.
Ahhhh. The good ol' days when periodic home electrocution was the norm...
:rolleyes:

Lol^ Well it is aligned I'm sure.. I LPM'd it.. and it came up at 5mw and started decreasing.. so I took a quick peek in and saw a faint red glow... decreased the fan speed which in turn took the voltage down on the diode... and the glow got fainter... I think it's just the diode..

Before of course I wore glasses when it was at 27mW.

CNI won't release the diode strength unless I show them a receipt.. which I don't have because I didn't buy it from them..

"Cue barrage of abuse for looking down into the focus"

Oooooooooooooooo.
"so I took a quick peek in and saw a faint red glow"
Usually people who look at IR lasers describe what they see as being exactly that ! A faint red glow !
Then they are told to use some sort of CCD imaging device (cell phone camera, video cam, etc.) as they can "see" the IR. Point a TV or stereo remote at it and press a button. You will see a white flashing LED in the end of your remote.
Most are seriously surprised to find out that HUGE ammounts of IR are present but they are just beyond the perception of human vision. So what they though was a defective dim red dot is actually a high powered laser. If you look into the beam under these circumstances you WILL NOT see the damaging radiation. If you are doing it in a very quiet place you might hear a couple of "pops" in your head though as your retina is instantly boiled and the cells explode in your eye leaving a new dead or blind spot for you to enjoy for the rest of your life. (And when you get to be 50 you will really notice them all much more.)
DON'T EVER LOOK INTO A LASER ! That's just foolish ! You should be using your "smarts" a little more and figure out safe ways to check what you need to know. If you can't figure it out then concede that you need to ask questions and find out how to find out.
The last thing anyone here wants to learn about you is that you have injured yourself.
PLEASE don't do it.
Now you need to take more time to look around here and learn a bunch more about DPSS lasers and their inherant dangers.
I will spend the rest of my day wincing and trying not to think about popping eyes...yech !
:(

Something's not right. Would you list again please:

Current into the laser diode
Power out from the pump diode
Power out from the laser head
How much of the power out from the laser head is green

Something's not right. Would you list again please:

Current into the laser diode
Power out from the pump diode
Power out from the laser head
How much of the power out from the laser head is green

I didn't take it to work with me to check them all again. been real busy.

And shorty I LPM'd it before hand.. it was 5mW and decreasing just before I looked into it.. the LPM has 808 in its range.

I also un-screwed the diode and put it next to the LPM which gave me 16mW.

Last edited: