Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help

GSS

Wait you said you used to have a green laser that got stolen which "was like 100mw" So how didn't you know you could get them from the US?
Really?? You really asked this stupid question??:rolleyes:

Ok fair enough.. IIRC DD quit seller lasers or quit alltogether.. BUT DD had/has other companies that still sold lasers so..it was just for 'show'.
They made a big deal about being compliant etc.

I will make a new thread with 101 laser experiments/projects and none or very few involve burning things.

BUT it has been my experience that only other 'laser fans' are OK with that.

Those that would have them banned see 'burning stuff' as a terrible thing and reason enough to ban them.
And frankly-- most view this as somewhat childish-- something we all did but not much any more.

I do not think you know what happened to WL.. they were ALL ABOUT burning things.... and designed their advertising to appeal to the 'burner' fans. These are actual quotes (no long there) that WL used to draw in new buyers.. at the peak of sales ,( 30 sold per hour 24/7 ) even though WL fully knew they would never keep up with being able to delivery... they kept taking payments and being less than truthful about delivery.

So WL made millions of $$$ and we got 'painted with the same brush' and for a while it did not look good for us.. at all.
Now we know these statements from WL are partly BS, 'hype'- gross exaggerations and outright lies. etc.

This from a 'article' about WL.

''....Spyder III Pro Arctic is not a toy and its force could prove deadly, according to the manufacturer.''
more from same...''
The 1watt tool, said to be the world’s most powerful portable laser, features a blue ray that is 1,000 times stronger than sunlight on skin.

‘Extremely dangerous is an understatement to the power,’ says Hong Kong manufacturer Wicked Lasers.''
from WL:
‘It will blind permanently and instantly and set fire quickly to skin and other body parts – use with extreme caution and only when using the included eye protection.’

this is where I got the WL quotes..WL does not use these sales pitches anymore. (no need for starters)
https://metro.co.uk/2010/06/14/deadly-star-wars-lightsabre-sold-in-uk-389996/

Ken Hudd

Yep, they're resellers - and it's usually far cheaper to find the source. If you want to spend that kind of money you might want to look at something like the Sanwu Striker with the 5W 445nm Diode for $370. Sure it's made in china - but it's a lot more laser for quite a lot less money. Alternatively, look into threads for building one - as this can be a lot of fun too.
I have done hundreds of hours of research and have come to realize that Sanwu is about the only marketed laser that stands behind its numbers. They are usually more powerful than rated.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Ken, in all those hours of research, did you come across a company called Jetlasers, they are also an excellent laser retailer; they have been around for many years, and have the best customer service in the business.
You can ask most any veteren member here about their high quality and great service. Like Sanwu, most of their lasers will be over spec!

-EDIT- Here is a great thread of laser companies to buy from.

Last edited:
Ken, in all those hours of research, did you come across a company called Jetlasers, they are also an excellent laser retailer; they have been around for many years, and have the best customer service in the business.
You can ask most any veteren member here about their high quality and great service. Like Sanwu, most of their lasers will be over spec!

-EDIT- Here is a great thread of laser companies to buy from.

WHAT??
JEFF!!!

Ken spent alotta time man!!

'I have done HUNDREDS of hours of research'' . so ...that is no less than 200 hours or 25== 8 hour'sessions'
so we are talking weeks here not days or hours.

One thing I do know with doubt..
No member of this forum has EVER recommended any of these sources..none!
Alibaba NO
WL NO
everbodys.. blah blah NEVER
boblaser no way
Chinese dept store..NO

The gattling gun laser!!!?? gemmie A BREAK.
The look is ugly.
The hype about power says a lot.. only a moron would believe they were getting what was advertised.
SMH

How about a necro double?? (I could use large bold all caps ita??

Saw a good use for the Gattling Gun Laser-- I saw one being used as a movie prop.

Ted 'Cheers' Danson has a newish show--'iirc The Good PLace'

anyhoo last one was the only one I watched for more than a few minutes..
IIRC every one there was in another creature and Ted was not a nice one ==and told the others he needed to blow himself up to save the others --
and he produced the 'bomb' (a gattling gun) he did not set off the bomb nor did it lase.. just as well imho.

funny..