Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help with Mits P73 isolation

Gadget

Does this diode need to be isolated from a case-neg host? It's in a module from Jordan.

If yes, would the same apply for a case-pos host?

I don't want to install this until I find out for sure.

Thanks,
-G

The case pin on this diode is not connected to either the anode or cathode of the LD, so you should be fine without isolation. I stuck my multimeter in Continuity mode on my p73 containing laser and it's not isolated.

Reading Paul's reply - The diode case in my laser is not isolated from the laser host - According to the datasheet, the pin should be isolated from the diode case. Answer's what you thought it was to start with though - doesn't matter either way. If it's host-negative, that's no problem.

Hi Immo,
So the host you will be purchasing will be just two wires soldered to the correct posts on the driver. easy done don't forget thermal paste on the 12mm module . will let you know about shipping tomorrow and the total .

Rich:)

You totally misunderstood my reply. My point was the case is isolated from the other two pins, the cathode and anode. Any diode that has a case pin can't be isolated from the case itself. I thought that was obvious.

DTR

The diode and entire module is neutral for the case. No isolation is needed. I had an old image of the pinout which I see is not showing. Looks like whoevers image hosting accoutn removed it. I will get them added back up on the site. The only diodes that are not neutral case that I have listed are the PLT5 510 diode which is case positive and the 250mW Oclaro 638nm diode which is case negative. I also have some of the case positive 505nm diodes which are not up yet but will be soon. Everything else is case neutral.:)

Yes, all the LPC diodes are case negative too. That includes the LPC816, 826, 836 and 840. Most if not all of the TO-18 case 808nm diodes are case positive too.