Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help with 505nm build

Hi all, longtime lurker here getting started on my first build. I bought one of the mint-green sharp diodes off ebay with the case number SB217HN91. I plan on running it with a PicoDrive that I bought from Astralist. Will the PicoDrive work for this particular project? I'm also having trouble with finding the spec sheet for this particular diode so i'm a bit lost on how to wire it and what kind of dummy load to attach to the driver to simulate this diode. Does anybody know where I could find something like this? Cheers

I always had a hard time trying to find the datasheet on this diode, I don't know much about test loads because I always have my current set for me, but someone that knows a lot about test loads will soon chime in I can tell ;)

Most of the 505 diodes are case positive. That said, unless your driver is also continuous positive you’ll need to isolate the diode from the host. Someone on here might have a blitz linear ( cont +) they might sell to you. That’s what I have running mine. Survival lasers doesn’t sell them anymore, sadly.
SGD🍻

Thee SB217HN91 iteration is a case positive diode. These do over 100 mW when driven up to 300 mA, but you will need a continuous positive driver or you will have to isolate the diode from the host. It is a shame that the Blitz Linear drivers are no longer available as they were the only driver I found that would work for this.

Hi, You can run that on a flex drive V5 or even on of the other boost drives that DTR sell and have it set to the desires mA. And as shotgun drum said you need to wrap a thin piece of kempton tape around the 12mm copper module to isolated the diode. I have 505nm diodes and they aren't case Pos+ , but your might be.

Rich:)