Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[Help] Why can not my laser burn?

Yea, there are plenty reliable chinese sellers and some not so reliable. It just take common sense and knowing if something is "too good to be true" to avoid something like this happening

I hate Chinese

You hate Chinese? Most of the lasers on the market are made in China.

Go with laserbtb, jetlasers, sci-fi lasers, rayfoss, or a seller here on lpf.

That laser you bought from DHgate is massively underspec. A 2000MW laser should burn through walls!! (notice that DHgate advertises it as 2000MW)

haha is that Mega-Watt? cause a 2000Mega-Watt laser would be epic, assuming there exists appropriate safety goggles:D

lol yeah 2000MW would be 2GW or 2 Giga-Watt XD

Anyway, that type of website is literally the worst in the world if you are looking for something to be on spec. Anyone can sell anything at any spec they feel like making up and there is little anyone can do about it and there is nothing backing their claims. There is a reason sites like that don't use PayPal. People would receive crap products and just dispute the charges and nobody would be able to scam people.

There is one rule on buying lasers at ebay or unknown,not reliable websites -
Buying low powered lasers is great(you might even get over spec) ,but never buy high powered lasers from ebay or unknown websites,especially if the price is just funny according to the output power.

532nm 2000mW should cost more than 2000$.

P.S. I bet you didn't use safety glasses,did you?

Last edited:

Kisper

IMG_20130615_064724.jpg

I do not know, this is the first time I used the laser. Although I have removed the diffraction, but still can not burn

< 2000mW, 532nm

buy at Dhgate: Wholesale 2000MW 1PCS red laser pointer Green laser pen light matches battery charger box 302, Free shipping, $36.57-75.81/Piece | DHgate

The label on the laser states that the output power is less than (denoted by the < ) 2000mW. The classification of the laser as IIIb agrees with this. All in all, it says that the output power of the laser is between 5mW and 500mW, which is obviously less than 2000mW.
This reminds me, tangentially, of the canister of grated 100% Parmesan cheese in the fridge. It's advertised as gluten-free, though that should be a given.

That listing on dhgate is highly misleading, though that might rise from ignorance on the part of a reseller. I myself am not familiar with exactly how business is conducted on that site.

The label on the laser states that the output power is less than (denoted by the < ) 2000mW. The classification of the laser as IIIb agrees with this. All in all, it says that the output power of the laser is between 5mW and 500mW, which is obviously less than 2000mW.
This reminds me, tangentially, of the canister of grated 100% Parmesan cheese in the fridge. It's advertised as gluten-free, though that should be a given.

That listing on dhgate is highly misleading, though that might rise from ignorance on the part of a reseller. I myself am not familiar with exactly how business is conducted on that site.

If you got a 1 lb can of Parmesan from china the lable might say something like < 12 lbs.

You hate Chinese? Most of the lasers on the market are made in China.

Go with laserbtb, jetlasers, sci-fi lasers, rayfoss, or a seller here on lpf.

That laser you bought from DHgate is massively underspec. A 2000MW laser should burn through walls!! (notice that DHgate advertises it as 2000MW)
Wait a sec... You are saying that a 2W laser can burn through walls? No way!! With difficulty after a few minutes it probably will burn through the average block of wood

Wait a sec... You are saying that a 2W laser can burn through walls? No way!! With difficulty after a few minutes it probably will burn through the average block of wood

Hey mister engineer. He said "MW", not "mW". He is making fun of wrong advertising.
MW = megawatt, mW = miliwatt

My bad... Im so used to seeing mw as in milliwatt... And the truth is walls? Thats it? I bet it can burn a hole straight through the whole house instantly! And also whats with that 'PM' thing you posted about?

Last edited:
Its my signature. PM = private message.
There is a CO2 laser on youtube, IIRC 80W that makes concrete redhot in a few secs. Imagine a megawatt laser!

Last edited:
I have same lazer and with 5 seconds of focusing will light match in 3 secs or less so dud lazer or not focussed properly