Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[Help] Why can not my laser burn?

cubi11

I have bought a laser at DHgate

1017420_205234829626397_1078067141_n.jpg

970854_205234856293061_1794575310_n.jpg

8914_205234756293071_244447508_n.jpg

2000MW, Green

but I can not burn matches ?

Please, please help me! ! ! !

Thank you!

Last edited:

Blord

You need to remove the diffraction adapter to get a clean focused dot.
And do you really think the laser is 2000mW ? If it can't light a match then the output is close to 50mW.

Sigh....

I don't even know what to say. I guess Blord got this XD

EDIT: Heh, the laser does look exactly like my little "Big Sun 303" so its likely in the 50-100mW range. Pretty standard for cheap chinese greenies.

Last edited:
I saw blow bubbles and was like wth!? i think you mean pop balloons:D
but if you want to blow bubbles id recommend the link ToneLoke gave you. I bought that item and its just perfect for bubbles and is at a reasonable price as well. However, the bubble formula they use is toxic and i hadn't read all of the Bubble Blower Forums Stickies on safety yet so yea (it wasn't pretty). Anyway, make sure to read all the safety stickies on BBF and good luck!

Last edited:
its probably 20.00mW:D but it might actually be. if it actually is around 50mW you need to focus correctly to like a match or burn. Make sure when you are pointing at the match (or whatever you want to burn) to have the smallest point of focus (point with most intensity per area) on the match in order for it to burn.

cubi11

You can show me where to buy laser (ship worldwide) (burn)? I am not in the U.S.

Here are some cheap international sellers

Lazerer - beware, service is declining recently
Rayfoss - never bought from but heard they are ok
O-like - never bought from heard they are ok
Laserbtb/skylasers - best quality of the 6 recommend most
Fasttech - you can get way overspec 5mW ones from here
Sci-Fi Lasers - safe, trustworthy seller's store here at LPF recommend most

Last edited:
OK, yeah I know exactly what that laser is. Its super common and they vary between 50mw and 100mW. You should be able to light a match if you set it and the laser on something and let the beam sit right on the match head from a pretty close range. The darker the match head the better, if you use a black marker on the match and let it fully dry, you will likely greatly increase your chances.

The laser is hands down nowhere near the stated 2000mW though. Sorry bro, something like that usually runs for $1000-2000 USD.

EDIT: For the suggestions above I would second all of them and add some. O-like is one of the sellers that is basically a 50/50 chance of getting complete crap or a great laser from what I have seen. I have a laser from Lazerer, FastTech, and laserBTB and I love them all. I would have an o-like but they screwed up on my addressing and it never arrived and never refunded me(ongoing battle still going for 11 months now). The laserBTB one is more powerful. I hear good things about sci-fi lasers but sometimes he contradicts himself. Not to be mean but its possible that is caused by a slight language barrier(honestly not trying to be mean at all). He does seem to be quite out of stock of lasers right now though. Simply from EXP I would suggest laserBTB for high powered 532nm lasers.

Last edited:
Im guessing this laser also spits out a lot of IR just based on its sketchyness

I heard Lazerer's service has been declining very recently by a couple members.

Well, you just need to avoid the sites that allow anyone to post things and have zero way of assuring you are getting what you pay for. Real website sellers tend to be MUCH better. Also, if you pay with PayPal you are far better off since you can fight for your money back if the laser you get isn't close to what is stated.

Last edited: