Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HELP ! Potentiometer Needed for Keyboard

It is not uncommon to have to saw the end off the shaft and file a flat on it until it fits the thumb wheel, so a hacksaw and a small flat file will do the trick in about 10 minutes.

Regards rog8811

It is not uncommon to have to saw the end off the shaft and file a flat on it until it fits the thumb wheel

Tell me about it! On secondary school we had to build twenty-four 17v 2A power supplies and they all had a pot which had a freaking hard pot whose shaft had to be sawed off, the operation took like 10 minutes per pot...

Okay guys i wanna thank all of yall so much !! i went to radio shack and bought the 10k ohm Linear pot and it works !!! W00T !! Now i gotta saw off the end and flat file it HA ! Or i think i could just JB weld the thumb wheel to the pot.

Great, let us know if you succeeded ;)

You sir are correct. it worked perfectly. i drilled a hole in the existing " triangular" groove in the plastic wheel and the wheel slid on the pot perfectly and so i jb welded it and it works 100% like new now, it looks jerry rigged as it was not a perfect fit but it works awesomely !

Not a good idea to JB weld the knob to the shaft, what if you need to replace the pot, it's not like that dosn't happen ! :crackup:

Peace All Pyro... :eg:

Okay guys i wanna thank all of yall so much !! i went to radio shack and bought the 10k ohm Linear pot and it works !!! W00T !! Now i gotta saw off the end and flat file it HA ! Or i think i could just JB weld the thumb wheel to the pot.

Not a good idea to JB weld the knob to the shaft, what if you need to replace the pot, it's not like that dosn't happen ! :crackup:

Peace All Pyro... :eg:

This keyboard is about to quit on me anyways its over 23 years old, and the Computer board is starting to act up on me.