Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help| Noob DIY laser? XDD

Zeva

SO ive been browsing here for a week or so and finally took the initiative to sign up... But i was wondering if i wanted to build a lser what would be a good one to start with and how much would it cost? i don't mind color what ever willl not be too difficult thanks!

I read the sticky but i am still a bit confused about what exactly i need

Last edited:

Re: Help| Noob XDD

laser diodes are pretty cheap now. high power reds and phr blu-rays are about 10 bucks. and you can make your own driver for about ten bucks and pick up a radio shack project box pretty cheap.

Zeva

Are there any like premade kits? and how difficult are they to make? what what is phr? Thanks!

Last edited:
phr is short for PHR 803T, its the sled from the XBOX 360 HD DVD drive add-on that has a very popular violet diode in it. Very robust, easy to harvest and capable of +100mW's :D

Zeva

So if i were to make a PHR DIY... I would need the PHR it self, a driver, a housing, heatsink? thats it?

basically, yes. Your best bet is to read over some of the tutorials that people have done..

I recommend pre set flex drive, easier and you dont have to worry about frying it. Jayrob has good heatsinks and lenses, and the aixiz module will work if you can pressfit the diode ( need a vice ) that should work for u. Hope you can solder!!!

You sound like you know what you are doing....
I've seen over 50 of your posts today...
Can you build a Blue Laser for someone....:thinking:

Jerry

Id rather not, not to much experience and I don't want to break something and then pay for it. About the fifty post, i was sick and bored yesterday so i was kinda on the computer all day, sorry bout that.