Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

help me with this driver

Abel

okay, so i broke my driver from survival lasers and i wanted to make a blank circuit board so that i can hook it up to another driver that feeds my laser diode
but i didn't know if i did it right like this.

so can anyone tell me if i did, because i dont want another broken laser diode...

Okay so i cant post links yet so sorry but you can get to it like this: go to survival lasers> driver and pill assemblies> DIY 1.5A Driver and pill module

picture of the driver right now:

(the lead with the solder at the end is the positive lead)

TYbnoh.jpg

k5PBgZ.jpg

Both leads don't touch the brass ring

hopefully you can help me with this, and if you need more information about it, you can PM me

Thanks!!!

nmbusa

best to get your solder braid and clean board of solder, and test with multimeter for shorts 1st.
connect (-)1 lead to ground/brass ring and 1 lead to pad that has continuity with bottom pad (+)

Abel

thats actully a good idea, thanks!!!
best to get your solder braid and clean board of solder, and test with multimeter for shorts 1st.
connect (-)1 lead to ground/brass ring and 1 lead to pad that has continuity with bottom pad (+)

Hi,
Ok as mentioned clean the board of all resistors and capacitor and solder . this needs to be entirely clean. Next drill a small hole in the center for the + POS wire , pass the wire through and solder on the other side . Make a solder blob or attach a spring .
For the -NEG wired solder to the Brass ring . This will work fine..
Rich:)