Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help Me Decide

they are trusted......missed them on the list i guess. you cant buy a complete laser from them but you can get kits and then buy the diode from DTR

EDIT: they were under helpful resources but i added them to trusted sellers as well

Last edited:

he is under the resources section at the end......he sells diodes for laser builds

Welcome LPB!:) Id highly recommend what Gun said. Those lasers go for a great price and are excellent quality. You can get better deals for better prices here at LPF. Just make sure to buy from trusted sellers here.

I will always recommend the member Blord, especially after what he has done for me. the spartan was my first high powered laser too (BTW wannaburnstuff, DL is suspected very much of getting their modules from CNI, but Frank will not confirm or deny) If I'd have known about Blord, I'd have gotten a 1W blue from him. In the most basic host he offers, these cost only $110. would you rather spend $240 or $110? Spartans are pretty good though, excellent heat dissipation.

ahh sorry for being rude, I guess I just thought this was another forum where people wanted to belittle others that didn't know as much as them. (you know how those are) I didn't actually realize that members on this forum were actually very knowledgeable and helpful. This forum is also extremely well organized and put together. I actually feel like people are trying to help me and care about what I have to say. Basically I googled laser pointer at work the other day and of course wicked lasers popped up and I was convinced this is what I wanted. Something told me there may be better options and I'm thankful I've been doing more research before ordering one. I read that wl did not have the best reviews or quality. I want a quality 1w laser. Yes I realize this very powerful and dangerous, I have the funds to buy proper safety equipment and will be extremely careful. I have been working 13 hour days and I just need a hooby really. I had no idea lasers with this power even existed, anyways I am also looking into building one. I've watched many tutorials and have obtained a very very basic understanding of how a laser works. I just need a very very blunt basic guide. If anyone has any information at all on this subject that is appreciated. Thank you for everyones time.

Leon

If you want a really rewarding hobby, you can try to assembly the lasers yourself. Get the parts and build the whole thing as you wish, right?

Oh well, if you are willing to learn about electronics etc, you can assembly the laser down to the smallest level. The diode (like a led - laser emitting diode :p), the module, the lens, the circuitry (driver etc)...

You can always buy the laser from someone too. BUT buy the goggles first. 1W is too much power for a first laser IMO... But the choice is yours. :yh: