Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

help identifying lpm

Here is a link to the ophir site Laser thermal sensor | Medium power sensors - Ophir - Laser measurement. You will see F150A-BB-26 there is a PDF link there to a spec sheet. This would be a comparable meter just 2012 specs but it should be close. I would say Great find on the meter if you got it for free and well worth restoring. Used ophir heads can sell for 150-200$ and you also have the ophir electronics with it too. most people who buy teh heads are useing 9V batteries and a multi meter to take the readings. I would definately give my boss a HUG for a gift like this...

Hmm looking again I dont see a fan on your pics. Maybe the fan is optional.. I think it is hard to tell exactly what you have but it is a 150 head. I called ophir for the specs on mine I had the origional label with the model number and serial I gave them I told them I baught it used and they sent me back a 3 page report on my exact meter as to what it was calibrated etc... They were very helpfull.

Last edited:

The hand written model# and serial# is odd.. maybe that was the way they did it in 1994 I dont know.. Mine looks like this..

IMG_4046 by Kizdawg, on Flickr

That is a home made cable so wire colors are different..

But needless to say it is most likely a 150 head of some sort from ophir. Weather it is a fan cooled water cooled etc.. The big problem is figuring out what kind of laser it was calibrated for I believe and weather it need re calibration or not.

LMAO I love the 2nd link with sensor! Owch! What did they hit that sensor with 150GW! Poor little sensor.. Or maybe it was a mud flap in it's 2nd life...

I never thaught of that explanation for the hand writing.. I know the electronics from ophir are really expensive new didnt think it would be that much for used and broken for parts..

ARG

Probably a CO2 or Q-Switched YAG
418731_3708079983404_979110346_n.jpg

Not as bad as that photo from meatball.

well after seeing some of them pics I am happy with mine! Maybe Jerry will chime in here and help out.. I know he knows his ophir heads as good as anyone so his imput I'm sure would be welcome.

I am going to sum it up to ya... If it all works You go give your boss a HUG and DONT LET GO! If the electronics are shot you may get a few $$$ for them.. We can probably still try to get the head working with some 1W 12V adapters or 9V batteries. If that works you probably have a great meter... The head in your pics does not look abused so I think you have a good deal in your hands..

That's a nice OPHIR LPM...

I don't think the OpAmp electronics are in the head like
the 20C-A heads since it needs to be plugged into the
OPHIR base unit directly. It may only house the minor
calibration circuit for calibrating the head.
That would need to be checked. I don't believe that head
would work on 9V batteries. Without checking... I could
be wrong..

The only way to know if the LPM is useful is to power
it up and tests its calibration against a know calibrated
LPM...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:
what a great score burro breath! it's almost as if you are teasing us!
I have communicated with Scientech and they gave me great support in what I needed to know with my way outdated LPM I have of theirs, over email.
as far as the optics, that first one in your picture is some sort of lens, what that coating is for I am not sure of, that 2nd little box has a mirror in it that has max reflection @45degrees and 247nm, I cant think of a good use for that.
you say you have beam combiners? I may already have a lot of them if what I am thinking of is the same, could you show some pictures?

and prisms too!, they can be fun.. If I was you I would collect as much of that stuff as I could get from there :)

Last edited: