Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help identifying a busted chip on a SXD-v8

Why would someone put all that time into researching what component failed on a cheap little board like that is my question, hell, just pm me your shipping info and i will send you a good working board.

Because man, I just don't have an extra $30-40 to spend on a new driver, I have almost nothing available funding for hobbies and it would be a easier for me to spend time doing a little research and spending $2 than it would to try to come up with $40 for one of those new BlackBuck 6amp drivers.

Encap

Because man, I just don't have an extra $30-40 to spend on a new driver, I have almost nothing available funding for hobbies and it would be a easier for me to spend time doing a little research and spending $2 than it would to try to come up with $40 for one of those new BlackBuck 6amp drivers.

Instead of whining, why don't you do something rational like contact Lazeerer who made and designed the thing--maybe he would tell you what chip to buy, send you a chip, or fix it for you --he has done same for many others who use his drivers when they have problems OR take Alaskan up on his kind offer to send you a functioning one for free?

Last edited:
The chip with SOT-23-3 package is a ZXCT1009 (marking: 109)
costs about $2 max

BUT if you refer to the SXD, which comes in SOT-23-5 package, it is a ZXCT1010 (marking: 101)

Last edited: