Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help! I can't see my laser's beam!

Sefrez

sad_sagi said:
mentioning firework smoke...

sadly I didn't get my laser before the 4th of july... I live in a decent sized city and there are a ton of fireworks... there was a highly visible (dense) cloud of smoke from all the fireworks around midnight.............
time to prepare for next year!
just need a blu ray... and need to find a green one on dx I can make more powerful because of stupid rules... mumble mumble...

I know.... Guessing you live in the US too?

It's so un-fair. The rule probably got made from idiots shining them at plains and people.

*Up next, FDA blocks bb guns in US because bb's bounce and hit eyes...*

Things

Hah, Australia beat the US to it tho!

"Up next, person gets hit in eye with dust, new law on dust" ;D

Zom-B

Sefrez said:
[quote author=sad_sagi link=1215441343/0#15 date=1219739123]mentioning firework smoke...

sadly I didn't get my laser before the 4th of july... I live in a decent sized city and there are a ton of fireworks... there was a highly visible (dense) cloud of smoke from all the fireworks around midnight.............
time to prepare for next year!
just need a blu ray... and need to find a green one on dx I can make more powerful because of stupid rules... mumble mumble...

I know.... Guessing you live in the US too?

It's so un-fair. The rule probably got made from idiots shining them at plains and people.

*Up next, FDA blocks bb guns in US because bb's bounce and hit eyes...*[/quote]
They're already banned in Holland, but not because of the balls but because they resemble real guns and spark the self-defense training in cops. (It already happened once that a kid that was holding a pained water pistol was shot dead by a cop)

Ace82

Did you mention steam from your shower or over pots cooking in the kitchen? ;D Or depending on what you eat, farts?

Nice post btw V.I., now your 100+ reps are deserved. ;D

I second the fact that you can buy fog machines for around $20. I bought mine for $25. Man, it's gonna smell terrible when I use my Axe for a beam visualizer. :eek:

LRMNmeyer said:
I second the fact that you can buy fog machines for around $20. I bought mine for $25. Man, it's gonna smell terrible when I use my Axe for a beam visualizer.  :eek:

No, don't! You'll die!!!

well another really good thing is baby powder smeels good and stays in the air really long

lazer

I have a 200mw red laser but i cant see the beam in mid air. :'([highlight][/highlight]

" have a 200mw red laser but i cant see the beam in mid air"

You sure it is putting out 200mw? It should be clearly visible in darkness if it is

Also, put in fresh batteries and make sure you warm it in your pocket first.

"Did I miss anything blindingly obvious? If not, I can has a sticky?"

Breath. Does a nice job outside in still cold air. :)

Townes

A humble glass of water works too.

Shine a lower powered beam upwards through the bottom to get a nice lightsaber effect. Watch out for specular reflectons from the inside of the glass and, of course, don't look directly down inside where the beam can hit your eye.