Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help! Highlasers.com and Laserto.com Mystery

Hello,

Some may have seen that I've been looking for a Soky laser in the BST section. I recently stumbled upon two websites which both seem to be owned by the same Hong Kong company, CENTURY LIGHT (HK) INT'L GROUP LIMITED. Both laserto.com and highlasers.com have a wide selection of soky/s-ky lasers in stock, despite these lasers having been discontinued for years. From what I can find, both websites went up around 2008 and have been mentioned in a few threads a while ago when these lasers were still more readily available. It appears as though they started as a wicked lasers copycat and have sold various products over the years.

When these threads were posted this website was just another overpriced reseller but now the prices for their 532nm pens look pretty appealing given how things have changed. I emailed Soky to try and verify the legitimacy but the response seems to indicate that this company isn't/wasn't a genuine reseller. If so, why has it been around since 2006? Surely a scam company would re-brand in that time.

"Dear friend
We no longer produce lasers. These two websites do not cooperate with us.
We are very sorry

Thanks
Best regards
Ryan"

If anyone has some insights, please let me know.

GL

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
NOS seems a little unlikely but if Soky went outta the laser business they might have sold off their entire stock including parts.

NOS seems a little unlikely but if Soky went outta the laser business they might have sold off their entire stock including parts.
That's my thinking exactly. I could understand them having one or two left that didn't sell well but practically every product just doesn't make sense 5-8 years later. There's also another company, Berlin Lasers, who appears to also be selling soky pointers. There seems to be too many of these around to be NOS. My current thinking is that Soky is either still making them and only selling them to existing resellers, or that they sold the tooling/parts/manufacturing to another company who is now producing them, albeit maybe not to the same quality standard.

I have also spoken to Highlasers and they seem reluctant to either confirm or deny a relation to soky. They started off by ignoring my question and saying something generic about being a laser manufactuer. After asking them again if they actually manufacture these models, they asked me if I was looking for a specific laserbtb/soky model. I sent them some wayback machine links, but they never responded and are now ignoring me.

GL