Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello

djeric

I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been registered on the forum for a while and lurk quite a bit.

I am new to LPF but not new to lasers. I own several Mobolazers - argon & diode, 24 High End/Lightwave Research Laser Chorus in red, yellow, orange & green, 16 High End/Lightwave Research dual output Viper Lasers in red, yellow, orange & green and several other HeNE based lissajous/lumia generators.

I am an electrical engineer, but I made a living for over 15 years designing and installing night club sound, lighting & laser systems for large & small clubs around the country. I put myself through college with the money earned doing installs, repairs and dj work.

I am more into laser shows - both graphics & beams - than pointers but I do have red, green, blue-ray and of course 445nm pointers.

That's about it. I hope to talk with some of you soon in the gas laser threads.

Eric in New Orleans

Welcome to the forum, Eric. There is a sub-group in the community drop down for PJ owners/operators: REKE(et al)/ILDA PJ Owners Group

I don't know how active it is now, but there are a lot of folks interested in that sort of thing here on the forum.

Good to have you here... poke around - there is a lot of stuff in the archives.

Cheers!
/c

Last edited:

djeric

Thanks for the welcome.

I will check out the projector subgroup. If it isn't too active maybe that change.

I'll definitely check out the archives too! There is always something new to learn.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric, well you have been on the forum for awhile, but not active, it seems, until now. I worked as an EE and back in 1970 lived in New Orleans with my girlfriend who was going to LSUNO at the time. By far, my favorite city in the south. More like Europe back in those days, than a southern city. I have fond memories of those days. You are most welcome and hope to get to know you better over time. ;) Paul

djeric

Eric, well you have been on the forum for awhile, but not active, it seems, until now. I worked as an EE and back in 1970 lived in New Orleans with my girlfriend who was going to LSUNO at the time. By far, my favorite city in the south. More like Europe back in those days, than a southern city. I have fond memories of those days. You are most welcome and hope to get to know you better over time. ;) Paul

Paul,

Thanks for the welcome.

Back in the 70s, LSUNO was the Louisiana State University in New Orleans which was really just the LSU (Baton Rouge) campus extension in New Orleans. Now UNO is the University of New Orleans and is independent from LSU. I earned my BS & MS from UNO.

My wife & I are lifelong residents, grew up a few blocks from each other and could never imagine moving - even after spending months in Atlanta & Austin after Katrina.

Where did you work when you were here in the 70s?

Eric

Back in 1970 I was still quite young and worked as a salesman for Gryders Shoes. After my girlfriend and I I split up, I moved to St. Charles Ave. and lived in an apt. that cost me $110.00 a month. I wasn't far from the zoo and Tulane Univversity. That was a long time ago. Fond memories, though. ;) Paul