Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello

Hello everybody.

I'm new to the forums obviously. I don't like doing newcomer's stuff a lot, mostly because sometimes it' boring, unnecessary and I'm pretty sure a lot of you are bored of newcomers doing this.

Pardon if I'm missing S's. Some keys on my keyboard are a bit finicky.

At any rate, I'm in the USAFR. I'm a Communication/Navigation/Mission Systems apprentice. I have learned quite a bit about soldering parts on and off circuit boards, lot of theory behind how radar works, those kinds of things. Electromagnetic principles, yada yada.

I really wanted to get into building my own sorts of electronics, most of which I'd need a degree for. But...laser projects seemed fun, a lot of the stuff inexpensive and that I could build myself or salvage. I also like the idea of building homemade railguns or other fantastical sci-fi machines and concepts for 'science's' sake. As well as the fact that they're pretty awesome.

I already have a few questions for some of the guys here, I've been seeing recommendations of getting a membership on here from videos on youtube depicting homemade lasers.

And don't laugh if one of the guys I mention was Kipkay videos. lol. Apparently, the guy is 'misinformed' from what I saw on another video that actually recommended laser forums to me.

Hi Ariakon, welcome to the forums, Please read all of the stickies and get yourself a pair of safety goggles for anything over 5mW. Kipkay isnt liked much round here for his disregard of laser safety :lasergun:

Enjoy your stay :D

welcome.gif
to the Forum Ariakon....

Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Get Some Safety Goggles Now!

Don't forget to put your location in your Sig if you
haven't yet done so. This way we know where you
are from.

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

norbyx

Welcome to the forums, laser building can be tricky but you will get there. Hope you have a nice time here

IsaacT

Welcome to the forum! The only time I hate reading newcomer posts is if they read like this:

Idiot said:
Yo gaiz I just registered and decided to I trod ice myself I liek lasers I am 15 I go to high school right now please tell me the best laser toget all I have is lunch money I have saved so I need it fr twenty dollars or so my goal is to burn my English teacher cuz she is such a bitch and gave me an F becuz I didn't do my homework

Tks

Or this:

NoInfoGuy said:
Hi peeps I am new!

Chillaxin

So you done good! Enjoy your stay and be safe...hope the fauxquotes worked, iPhone is hard...

Cheers,
Isaac