Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello!

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum Hurry. :)
It will be good to add your location to your profile. Also tell us a little about yourself and what interests you have to do with lasers. :beer:

Hurry

I want realize my little project to eliminate the mosquitoes with light! haha

I'm developer, and for now create a sw and hw to track and follow some target.
My budget is low, so i cant have a good hw for a smaller movement, and not for a good optic for a good image quality.

Step by step i'll find all that i need to complete my project.

Now is the turn of laser!

This is a little video about traking and movement support
https://youtu.be/az42m1lwbxU

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
This is not a good idea. We've had numerous threads with people wanting to zap flying insects with lasers and the response is the same. No.
It is an impressive tracking system, but it is highly dangerous to have class 4 firing out at random insects. Take my advice and stick with other forms of mosquito killers.
The most you will get out of it is you or others having permanent eye injuries.

Hurry

Yes i know, in the tracking system i added a people recognition in the scene, and if is positive, nothing can happen.
The first step is to aim only to immobile objects, because i dont have good hw to follow the movements

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
And what if it fails? :thinking:
It takes one mistake, do you really want to put that probability into a system. You are going to be having lasers firing randomly in multiple directions.

Last edited:

Hurry

I can understand your concerns, but I will take all the necessary precautions, and I will be alone in the environment, and above all, I will be behind the light beam.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I can understand your concerns, but I will take all the necessary precautions, and I will be alone in the environment, and above all, I will be behind the light beam.

Have you taken into account reflections? What laser are you hoping to use? Is it that NUBM44 I saw in another one of your threads?

Last edited:

Hurry

Yes, NUBM44, i use safety glasses with 20% light transmission with potection from 190-540nm and 800-2000nm wave lenght.

I can limit the moviment, and use it inside a protected area from every reflections.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
You are not only wanting to do a dangerous laser project, but you are also hoping to use the most dangerous visible diode available. I can see a disaster waiting to happen. Also you need laser goggles rated at OD 5 for 190-540nm. To be blunt, I do not advise you to do it. There are so many cheaper, safer and time saving alternatives to this idea.

Hurry

You are not only wanting to do a dangerous laser project, but you are also hoping to use the most dangerous visible diode available. I can see a disaster waiting to happen. Also you need laser goggles rated at OD 5 for 190-540nm. To be blunt, I do not advise you to do it. There are so many cheaper, safer and time saving alternatives to this idea.

I have also a M140, i'll try to start with this diode

I will remember your words before it is too late.
thank you for your advice man :bowdown:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
You're welcome for the advice. We don't want to see anyone hurt. Be careful, even the M140 if a very dangerous laser and will need OD 4+ goggles to operate.

BobMc

Welcome to the forum, there's a world of good info here about lasers using and building them. Enjoy and be safe. :)

Ps, I think your idea of a laser zapping lazer is dangous one . My opinion anyways. Whatever you decide please be more than safe. :thinking: also I think if you could actually master it and make it safe, 100%, all of the time ( it would have to be ) you'd have something there. Welcome again :)

Last edited:

Hurry

Thank you all for your welcome and for your concerns.
I will keep in mind all your tips.
A brief will buy the goggle OD5 for more protection