Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello, LPF

Even though I joined a couple of weeks ago and have already posted once, I have forgotten to introduce myself! :undecided:

Well, hello LPF, I'm a university student living in Sydney, Australia and I have been learning a lot about this amazing hobby. Ever since I was gifted with a 10mw 532nm pointer 3 years ago, I have been fascinated with the technology behind lasers. I am in the process of obtaining a 445nm build so I can join the more insightful discussions and have a blast while I'm at it.

I think I will greatly enjoy my stay here. :wave:

Welcome, and nice intro! You have come to the best place for laser discussion and I know you will find many nice people on here willing to help you out if you have any questions during your build.

Don't forget to read as much as you can if you haven't been doing so already, that way when you do have a question the veterans will be able to better help you out if you are already somewhat knowledgeable about the basics. Also if you don't have them already you will need some safety goggles for that laser you are building or anything over 5mW.

Look forward to some pictures of your build! :)

I think your going to be a really good fit here. Good luck on your 445nm build and post pics :yh:

Thanks guys! I will indeed continue to read as much as I can. I have ordered safety goggles and will make sure to use them whenever there is any chance of damage from looking at a bright spot on a surface or from beam refraction.

The laser is an Ultrafire WF-501B 1.4W build from Blord. When it arrives I'll post a full review with pictures taken with a DSLR. :)

Things

Welcome! There are a hell of a lot of members from Sydney here, probably about time a LEM was organised :D

Better late than never...:beer:

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Get Some Safety Goggles Now!

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited: