Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello LPF

Do you need to see the beam for competitive shooting Alex? Otherwise people would have to install these onto their guns. :p

P8275484.jpg

A nice 10W unit should do the trick. :D

But to have a bright spot in daylight, you'd need around 50mW exceeding the safe limit by 10x. You shouldn't use Class 3B/4's for gun sights, and they will be disallowed in the competitions too I gather. ;)
Better to stick with those 5mW's IMO.

Haha! Where did you get that picture from? Is that from FrothyChimp?? :)

-Alex

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yep, it’s FrothyChimp. :D
I’ve watched his video on that unit so many times. I want it. :p

Welcome on board !

Curtis , wow what hell DPSS is this ? :drool: The Beast Is Among Us :lasergun:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
The cheapest ever quote I’ve got for 10w was around $5200 iirc. And that was direct from a Chinese manufacturer. Yep, I was tempted to spend all of my student loans to get one. :banghead:

Well ... $ 5,000 no!
I can make a call to the London Bank and get you an unlimited loan!
Let's say starting from £ 100,000 can they be fine as they start? :whistle:

Last edited:
welcome BUT..

1st ..are you related to Capt. Sweatpants on BBT??

and....

PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR PERSONAL PROFILE... WE NEED YOUR LOCATION IF WE ARE EXPECTED TO HELP.>>>>>>>>>>>>
YOUR INTRO VS JEFF'S:yh:
\>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Yours :

I'm new to lasers. I'm primarily interested in small handheld green lasers for use in competitive shooting. 5mW green laser pointers are fairly inadequate for outdoor use in direct sunlight so the wheels have been turning in my head.

below is Jeffs..anywhere
in between would be an improvement... imo

Old/New member in Fla
It's been brought to my attention that I did not do a proper introduction back in 2013 when I joined this forum.

My name is Jeff. I live in Tampa, Fl. I am an IT security tech with a BS in Computer Technology, 27 yrs exp. I also have my CET, Certified Electronic Technician certificate.

I have owned and enjoyed lasers since I bought my 1st 2-3 mW red HeNe back in 1985 from MWK, yes, I'm that old, 56. That was followed by a 5-7 mW red and then a .5mW 543 nm green HeNe. I still have all of them and they all still work perfectly.

I owned for a while, back in '96,'97 or so, an ALC 60X argon, 20mW, 488nm. The output tube stem was broken during a move and it was sold for parts with the PS.

Between school, a family, career changes, moving multiple times and finally a divorce in 2012, I did not do too much with my lasers.

I started experimenting with and collecting lasers again back in '13., when I joined this site, and things have changed a lot.

I currently own multiple DPSS green and red diode pointers and modules. As well, I have a Laserlands 520nm pointer. I have 3 different RGB and 1 RGV module that if the optics are alligned, can output white or close to it. I have several different Lumia and sound to shape scanners to put these RGB/RGV modules in.

As well, I have 2 ~500mW Chinese, no name, ILDA capable laser light show units, bought from a buddy who used to have a DJ business. One works as is, the other I am planning to upgrade to 30K scanners, possibly new diodes and analog modulation. The lasers work, but the scanners twitch and jump about.

To work with these scanners I have a LaserDock module. Connected to the computer, the LaserDock LaserOS and sound works great, even with TTL and 7 colors. I also have Lasershowgen to do my own stuff with, works pretty well.

Besides this, I have a couple of burning or off the wall kind of builds. The first is a DTR BDR209 module I built into a modified Nerf gun that is SteamPunk themed. It is 18650 powered and rechargable via USB. This is complete and working, can post more info if anyone wants to see it.

The second is a DTR 462nm module being built into a Halo USNC M6 blaster. Have the module, the blaster, heat sink and the batt, just need to start putting together. Will post a thread if anybody is interested.

Other than that, I am a tinkerer, like bulding my own things out of other things,I'm into lasers, Ford Mustangs, RC airplanes and quads. Have my own 3d printer, currently trying to learn SolidWorks CAD and 3DS-Max software to create 3D models and like spreading usefull info that can help others.

Jeff

Last edited:
is this you?

Attachments

• Top9 Capt Sweatpants.jpg
    Top9 Capt Sweatpants.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 23