Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello LPF its meeeeeee

Hello Laser hobbyists, enthusiasts, and experts. I have been lurking around this forum for a while, usually would read reviews and whatnot. Now that I created a new account with a very ironic name, I think I will visit more frequently.
My name is Dima I am a Russian Californian born in Krimea. Been loving lasers since I was like 5 or 6 when my dad gave me my very first laser. It was an awesome little generic red keychain laser, what's cool is that it had little caps that would screw on and display cool figures, I think one of the caps was a ***y girl figure haha.
Here in California I discovered pen lasers, I had a few red pen lasers from time to time but they weren't that fun anymore, when I got my first 405nm laser pen me and my friend with his green pen laser were stupid so we would sit on a tree and point the laser dots at people and annoy the neighbors, but we weren't stupid enough to point in people's eyes. Luckily we didn't get in trouble (Only got yelled at few times) :spank:.
Later on two of my friends introduced me to 301-303 laser pointers so I got my very first 405nm 303 laser pointer, loved that thing to death, literally, it died.

Few years later I got into lasers more seriously by improving my knowledge about the safety and dangers of lasers. Blew my mind by stuff like finding about 1 watt lasers and beyond, people getting arrested for pointing where they are not supposed to, giant telescope lasers, and those big ship lasers that destroy planes. Bought my first 1 watt ebay blue somewhere in the beginning of 2016 and showed off like no tomorrow. Even made videos of me burning paper and stuff with it haha. Great laser, it still works too. :beer:

Now I expand my little collection from time to time, I rarely use my lasers at home or outside because the suburbs are filled with planes and helicopters.
But I still find some uses for them sometimes, burned a squirrel's nuts a bit from a meter away once cause he was yelling at me on a tree. :spank:
I also Made laser rainbows during foggy times with my dad's camera, maybe I'll post those pictures one day.
Best time of year for lasing is when I go camping at the ocean with my church. Last year it was super foggy over there and my 1watt 445nm laser beam was visible even in day time, good times. :beer:

With this kind of hobby the main thing is I try my best to not give my lasers to anyone, I hide them in my room since I have young siblings. The thoughts of hurting my or someone's eyes scare me so much. So as CrazyRussianHacker says: "Safety is number one priority!"

In the future when I have more time I hope to have my own laser build, I think that would be cool, if the build comes out well, I am certain that LPF would be the first on my thank you list, then it will be youtube, my mom, and my cat. :bday:

LPF has been very helpful and friendly community so far, thank you for helping me enjoy lasers, cheers :beer:

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, thank you for introducing yourself. :wave:
It sounds like you're aware that eye safety comes first; a good first step for sure.

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay!

PS - Glad to see that your cat is on the thank you list, you should always include the cat! ;) ;)

Last edited:
:wave: Welcome to the Forum UltraC...
Yup that's what I'll call you... Your username
is way to long....:D

Enjoy your stay and be Laser Safe.

Jerry

@UC
"when I got my first 405nm laser pen me and my friend with his green pen laser were stupid so we would sit on a tree and point the laser dots at people and annoy the neighbors, but we weren't stupid enough to point in people's eyes. Luckily we didn't get in trouble (Only got yelled at few times) :spank:. "

You should know that doing what you did is very illegal. You can get arrested, lose your lasers and maybe even banned for life from owning ANY laser.

It is kinda like the diff between shooting a gun at someone & missing or shooting and NOT missing.

To fully understand find laserpointersafety.org and READ EVERYTHING.

At the very least you should ALWAYS teach others about safe use of lasers.

AND maybe do a better job of keeping your siblings from messing with your lasers.
LIKE locking them or the batteries up. Simply 'hiding' them is not nearly enough.

welcome to the forum,i have to saythat's a nice introducion and laser history,i started with lasers too when i was still a kid with first a keychain red and then a green 532 pen :wave:

@UC

You should know that doing what you did is very illegal. You can get arrested, lose your lasers and maybe even banned for life from owning ANY laser.

It is kinda like the diff between shooting a gun at someone & missing or shooting and NOT missing.

To fully understand find laserpointersafety.org and READ EVERYTHING.

At the very least you should ALWAYS teach others about safe use of lasers.

AND maybe do a better job of keeping your siblings from messing with your lasers.
LIKE locking them or the batteries up. Simply 'hiding' them is not nearly enough.

Yes I know that now thanks. I don't think we would be arrested as we were just kids, my parents were more likely to get punished at that time.

welcome to the forum,i have to saythat's a nice introducion and laser history,i started with lasers too when i was still a kid with first a keychain red and then a green 532 pen :wave:

Thank you, I remember being fascinated by the red beam when I shined it through water. :D

diachi

Welcome. :beer:

Please avoid double posting, use the multiquote or edit button instead. Double posting is frowned upon here.

Welcome to the LPF. Just so you know, your being a minor would not save you from being prosecuted for pointing lasers at people and you could have lost your liberty along with your right to own lasers in the future. Regardless of age, we are all responsible for our actions. Stay safe and when in doubt, look up the laws. Ignorance in no excuse.

Thank you, I remember being fascinated by the red beam when I shined it through water. :D

i remember beying so impressed with the 'power'(mostly was the visibility of the wavelengh istead of power) of the green pen when i got it in comparison with the keychain red.

Nexgen

Welcome to the forums Ultracrepidarian, good story you have there. Similar to mine, I used to have red keychain also, then 532 greenie :beer:

Stay safe!

By the way, do you speak Russian?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums Ultracrepidarian, good story you have there. Similar to mine, I used to have red keychain also, then 532 greenie :beer:

Stay safe!

By the way, do you speak Russian?

Thank you, yes I do. :beer:

Welcome to LPF Ultracrepidarian! I also started my interest in lasers with a simple, but fun, cheap 650nm keychain laser. :yh:

-Alex

Last edited: