Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello laser enthusiasts

Hello laser enthusiasts,

I've just started to get addicted to lasers and think this the beginning of a new hobby. I started with the dilda red laser from DX as it's known here and I'm already getting a better model. Can't wait to build up a better laser collection. I'm from the LA area.

eztune

Hi laser83. Welcome to the forum. Check here for some good deals on lasers :) I am from north cal SF area.

welcome. building lasers is fun!! and it teaches you lots of good stuff! most of the ppl here are great, and cant wait to help you out. I am from Vetnura, which is pretty close to LA.

Welcome to the Forum. Read as much as you can, then read some more ;)

Thanks for the kind welcome. What I'm looking for now are some good books on lasers, does anyone have some good recommendations?

WRM

You can find a list of cool books to read on Sam's Laser FAQ. Just search it on Google. I just bought two of the recommended books on Amazon for less than $5 each.

Lasers, Ray Guns & Light Cannons by Gordon McComb and

Laser, Phaser, Ion Ray Gun & Other Working Space Age Projects by Robert E Iannini

They are both older books; but still quite informative. There are many more listed on the FAQ. Hope this helps. Welcome!     Bill

Welcome to the happiness frenzy, now peaking at a Barnes & Noble near you: Last year 4,000 books were published on happiness, while a mere 50 books on the topic were released in 2000. The most popular class at Harvard University is about positive psychology, and at least 100 other universities offer similar courses. Happiness workshops for the post-collegiate set abound, and each day "life coaches" promising bliss to potential clients hang out their shingles.

Reactions: ARG