Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello, I'm from Oregon and I'm a noob with a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackholesun

Hi,
I'm really glad this site exists. It will help me in my new hobby. I have a new 5 watt laser. I was buying different goggles as the ones that come with the kit are not sufficient. I was buying from a well known person here, and they bait and switched me on the goggles. I'm sure you all know this person as they sell on eBay and you all buy parts from him.
So, Do I let you all know who this person is so that someone doesn't go blind from dealing with them?
Thanks.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Maybe you can provided how you determined the quality of the goggles. Can you show some tests made?

Blackholesun

The point is, that they sent the wrong goggles and then tried to offer me a discount from what I payed for the better goggles That I wanted. Bait and switch. It wasn't a mistake because he did the same thing with 2 different orders of the same goggles.
The quality of the goggles in the kit are junk. You know that, and I know that. So I was replacing them.
So should I rat him out to you all or should I just let someone go blind using junk goggles.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Ah ok. Well that's up to you. You won't get in trouble for it

Yup, they're legit. I accidentally sent the wrong pair and this dude went all types of Karen on me! He promptly received a full refund as well. I'd love to post his messages showing what kind of numbskull this guy really is!!!

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Yup, they're legit. I accidentally sent the wrong pair and this dude went all types of Karen on me! He promptly received a full refund as well. I'd love to post his messages showing what kind of numbskull this guy really is!!!
Glad everything could be cleared up. Yeah you get those kind of transactions from time to time. I'd love to read the messages but I don't think we can do that without the okay from both parties.

Blackholesun

Hi,
This isn't cleared up. You sent the wrong glasses purposely. Let's see you try that now, thief.

This is the title of what he was selling,and I tried to buy (see attachment) , but he sent a pair of $8 retail Chinese junk glasses, and wanted to credit me.
The title that Zach shows in a previous post, is what he sent.
I payed $50 dollars each for 2 separate orders of the same glasses. Both times he sent $25 cheapo glasses that I didn't order, then he offers a partial refund.

I'll tell you what, go ahead and do business with this thief. If you do business with Barnett, you can expect old, switched out parts and junk. Good luck to you. I hope you don't go blind or have something go terribly wrong because he is too cheap to send the right parts.
At least with this post, you/I have a legit complaint you should have taken seriously.

Attachments

• Barnett junk.txt
    76 bytes · Views: 11
Last edited:

Blackholesun

Hello,
Now, today, he is sending me gay mail and other junk to my email address. What a loser. Anyone interested in copies that show his email address as the sender? I'll forward to anyone.
Anyways, I got my beam expander AND my portable laser power meters on AMAZON, for a LOT cheaper than what Barnett sells them for. AND I know I'll get the right product the first time.
For all you doubters about my testimony. Look him up on eBay, then look for the feedback I gave him, you can't miss it. You know them by their works. He has all of the listings as "private" so YOU can't see the stuff he is pulling. I tell you one thing about the item, he says something entirely different. Like we are talking about two different things. And look at his response to my feedback.

Here is more evidence. The links would be on their, but I had to take them off to post as I am a noob.
He left this on my eBay.

An undeniable pizza sheet. A true disgrace to our civilization. Mommy issues?
Laser Safety Goggles EP-1 190nm-540nm & 800nm-2000nm OD4+ Protective Glasses (#)
Seller: (*)
US $49.95
Past month
Reply by 153tumbleweed. Left within past month.
Scammer. Bait and switch expert. Loser.

So, is this the comment of someone you would buy a laser from?

Last edited:

gazer101

Agreed, stakes are too high when it comes to eye protection. Let this be a lesson learned for both parties...
Buyers: If you can, always momentarily check your goggles in an inconspicuous area with a moderately powerful laser + LPM before putting them on. If the LPM reads 0 and the goggles visually look fine they should be okay

Sellers: Should quality control their stock (test one out of say every batch of received goggles) and verify that they are sending the right goggles before shipping anything out, lest they wish to take on the full brunt of any potential lawsuits not doing this could incur

Blackholesun

Last comment. I got the same goggles that I originally ordered from Barnett and didn't get, from Amazon for $10 less. The FreeMascot ones.
I'm real happy with them too. =) Now I can use my laser.

Hi LPF,
This post is a good one , I purchased goods from Barnett and he always came through . I cant complain...
Rich:)

Status
Not open for further replies.