Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello From Washington

nickv

Hello All!!
I am a college student in Washington. I am very interested in lasers and laser technology and hope to someday build my own. I am a Private Pilot and a couple of months away from getting a commercial pilots license. I would love to build my own laser, and was wondering what would be a good way to start? I have next to zero knowledge on lasers, but I am a fast learner. Thanks

ru124t

Welcome to the forum ! See guys there is at least one pilot who isn't afraid of lasers! LOL He takes them for what they are, a very fun hobby!

Hello nickv, welcome. There's not many of us here from Washington. Its very easy to build your own laser, it can be difficult for those with no knowledge of electronics, but you don't have to do it all yourself, you can easily build a laser from parts where some of the difficult part is already done for you. Do plenty of reading here every day especially many of the build threads and in no time you will know how to build a laser, see the white links in my sig for a couple of examples.

Alan