Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Washington State

Hello everybody, (why does Doctor Nick's voice always play in my head when I read that?)

My name is Mark, I'm from Snohomish County, Washington, I'm 30 and I love lasers. I've been poking around these forums for a couple of years now and finally decided to register, now that I've been quite thoroughly bitten by the laser bug lol. I've read up on forum rules/etiquette and safety quite a bit so hopefully I won't unintentionally rock the boat. I've recently bought a number of lasers, a 1W 445nm Spartan from Dragon Lasers, a 30mW 589nm Spartan, a 1W 520nm Sanwu Guardian II, a 5W 470nm Sanwu Striker, a 1W Sanwu Silver series 635nm, a 500mW 405 Sanwu Pocket, and a 100mW 492nm Sanwu Pocket, as well as the relevant rated eye protection from Survival Lasers (not to mention beam expanders for all the Sanwu lasers apart from the two pockets), so I feel pretty well equipped now. A far shot from the Wicked Lasers 130mW Executive Pro I bought in 2008 for the same price as the 5W 470nm Striker:mad: lol.

So anyways just wanted to say hello, and I look forward to learning more from those more knowledgeable than I.

Happy Lasing,

Mark

Welcome to the forum, just gave you a bucket full of reps, but they won't show until enough members rep you. Thank you for taking the time to make such a great introduction.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, Spudinator! :beer:

It looks like you have quite a good start on the hobby with some quality lasers, very nice. Glad to see that you've already purchased some good eye protection from Survival Lasers. :yh:

Have fun, stay safe, and enjoy your stay!

@Alaskan, I don't think his +rep amount will show till he gets 50 posts and becomes a class 1 Laser.

BobMc

Welcome to the forum Spudinator. Enjoy and be safe. :wave:

Gazen

Welcome to the forum, you already have a quality collection.

Stay safe :beer:

Welcome to the LPF, Mark, from another Washingtonian. I am in North Tacoma, which is Pierce county. Yikes, you have spent a great deal of money to get all those lasers just recently. It has been said, and is definitely true, that here is where disposable income comes to die. Enjoy your stay and always be safe.

Thanks everybody I really appreciate it, I didn't expect to earn any rep points so soon that's awesome. I've visited a few forums in my days but this one seems to stand apart as far as member generosity, seems like a good community with good members (as well as good law enforcement, which always riles some but is the only way to protect the bigger picture). I used to frequent the SpudFiles forum (Potato Guns rock! WHOO! lol) and it was pretty similar to this place, lots of smart people willing to share their knowledge and experience with any who asked (after searching the forum first of course), I feel like I might fit in here.

And yes Paul, the remains of my disposable income is no longer such lol. That's awesome you are so near, perhaps our beams will cross one of these days...

Welcome to the LPF, Mark! Glad to hear that you no longer feel like lurking. You’ve certainly created an impressive collection of lasers. There are many nice and knowledgeable people here who’ll be happy to listen and to help you whenever possible. You may also use the Search button on the bottom of each page to access our extensive database with information about all things laser. Our chief concern is safety, so please remember to always protect yourself and others. Be sure to use proper vision protection, and never point a laser at any living thing. Lasers are wonderful and fascinating devices, but please remember to always be laser safe. I look forward to seeing your posts soon! Please Take Care. :D

-cd

Perhaps. If you are coming to Tacoma, let me know and I will give you my address. I have many cool lasers including some lab lasers and several gas lasers. Many direct diode lasers and quite a few unfinished projects. But, all the parts are here. :crackup:

GLAZO

That collection is really impressive, do you own any cheaper budget lasers? Such as Laser 301s and such? Or mid range lasers such as the Thor series? I'd really like to hear your opinion on Dragonlasers as I'm thinking of getting a Spartan. Also welcome to the forum I'm quite new myself.

Yah Glazo I do have a few 301's, the standard RGB set, though the blue is really 405nm violet. The 405nm actually burns pretty darn well when focused, it more or less starts spurting smoke the instant the focal point touches the target material, so I try to careful with that one, but the red and green are pretty low powered, neither is over 80mW I'd guess. They are great for the money, if there is such a thing as a disposable laser it's a 301 lol. I've also had a "2W" 445nm lucklaser but the thing burned out on me after maybe an hour total of runtime, it was probably just under or at 1W of output but don't quote me on that as I never metered it. And I have an Ebay "Zues" 650nm labeled as a 5mw burning red laser but is nowhere near that figure, probably more like 250mW. For $40 I'm definitely not complaining. No Thor lasers though, they remind me too much of the lucklaser lol.

If you are looking at a DL Spartan I will say you cant go wrong, they are extremely well built, I cant tell the difference between my blue or yellow without turning one on (definitely with goggles on since that's a 50% chance of 1W blue glory) because they look identical, I've taped a ring of yellow and blue kapton tape around the head of each to identify them now lol. The 1W 445nm is only $200, really not a bad price for what you are getting.

I'll keep that in mind the next time I happen to be in town Paul, thanks for the offer.

Last edited:

Lasertommy2

Hello Mark from snohomish county, my name is Tommy and I'm also from snohomish county (Marysville to be exact) and was wondering if you had any high power blue burning lasers for sale? Thank you very much!

Lasertommy2

Spuinator do you have lasers you wanna sell?
Thanks everybody I really appreciate it, I didn't expect to earn any rep points so soon that's awesome. I've visited a few forums in my days but this one seems to stand apart as far as member generosity, seems like a good community with good members (as well as good law enforcement, which always riles some but is the only way to protect the bigger picture). I used to frequent the SpudFiles forum (Potato Guns rock! WHOO! lol) and it was pretty similar to this place, lots of smart people willing to share their knowledge and experience with any who asked (after searching the forum first of course), I feel like I might fit in here.

And yes Paul, the remains of my disposable income is no longer such lol. That's awesome you are so near, perhaps our beams will cross one of these days...
Hahahaha! Does anyone in Washington State have any high power blue lasers for sale? :)

GSS

Hey LaserTommy, this a 2 year thread and Spudinator hasn't been logged in for quite a few months.
Look at the Buy and Sell thread if you are for real. 3 minutes response from you first asking just doesn't happen.

Last edited: