Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello! From Victoria, BC

I've been browsing these forums for the past few days, mostly when I would google a question about laser projectors. The info here has been super useful, but I finally had to create an account because I couldn't find answers to some of my questions.

A couple of things about me:

- I am currently attending the University of Victoria, very close to graduating with a degree in astrophysics. I love what I study, and will most likely make a career out of being a researcher.

- I enjoy creating art with electronics. My last project was making a jacket with 120 RGB LEDs embedded into it, all controlled with an Arduino+gyroscope+accelerometer on my forearm. When my arm moves, the LEDs change brightness, colour, how many are on, etc. depending on which mode it's in. It's a lot of fun to dance while wearing it!

My current project involves tracking fingers/markers on a surface, and projecting shapes with a laser scanner on a screen at the same coordinates. I am pretty excited to be entering into the world of lasers! There's a lot to take in, and it's pretty confusing sometimes, but it's going to be a fun ride!

gozert

Welcome to the forums! Looks like a really cool project you built with those LEDs. Did you make it all by yourself, or did you have other people to work with?

Astrophysics, that's good, we can use more smart people here, I hope you stay around a long time. Welcome.

Alan

I enjoy creating art with electronics. My last project was making a jacket with 120 RGB LEDs embedded into it, all controlled with an Arduino+gyroscope+accelerometer on my forearm.

That sounds so awesome! Please make a video of this!

Welcome to the forums.

-cutyall

Welcome to the forums! We need more people like you!

I've been to Victoria a couple of times, it's one of the most beautiful places i've ever been. :)

That sounds so awesome! Please make a video of this!

Welcome to the forums.

-cutyall

Already have!

Welcome to the forums! We need more people like you!

I've been to Victoria a couple of times, it's one of the most beautiful places i've ever been. :)

Yea! I moved here from Manitoba a few years ago and I have never been happier.

Welcome to the forums! Looks like a really cool project you built with those LEDs. Did you make it all by yourself, or did you have other people to work with?

I had help from a few friends, and my girlfriend helped immensely with the design of the jacket and the sewing :D it was my first big electronics project, and I learned so much.

Last edited:
yeah
thats a great intro-+6

do you know Rajeesh?

you will do well here

Lumia was made for guys like youze.

100 years ago
happy birthday LUMIA-

nice to see all the great welcomes you got
- so much better than those how come here mostly for free help= and skip checking in... with manners.

We LOVE original questions- those already answered many times.. not so much.

best wishes hak