Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Texas.

Hey everyone My name is Gordon and I'm new to the whole laser thing. Decided it'd be a good idea to get on a good forum to learn more about these things. I'm planning on getting a 200mw 650nm red laser from Sci-Fi lasers as my first laser. I also wanna buy a pair of eagle pair glasses but my future next laser will be a 1w blue laser from them as well. So I just wanted to ask some questions. Would I need eagle pair glasses for a 200mw or will another pair of glasses work? I don't wanna spend so much on them if they aren't nesassary cause I will have to buy a different pair for the blue wavelength. Any info would be much appreciated thank you!

Howdy and welcome! Take some time to look around the forums for a while. There are plenty of stickies and posts. Look at the glasses in my signature (They are not the correct color glasses for red though). There is a thread somewhere on here comparing them and they were pretty much the same. I will say though that Eagle is what everyone recommends here. Fill out some more of your profile info too, people like that stuff here. BTW I'm from Troy, Texas. Nice to have fellow Texans. There is also a Texas Subgroup here.

Last edited:
Hi Scornio321, welcome to the forum. Check out the different safety goggles they have. There might be a pair that protects for both of those wave lengths. Have fun and be safe :)

Thanks bro and I don't know what you mean by signature lol

Last edited:
<<<<< that is your profile and you should enter your location as it is helpful in the future.
The rated range of wavelengths is what matters.
The signature is at the bottom of the persons post/reply if they have made one. I have not made one yet so you just see my reply. The signature usually state what lasers they have, links to good information or a whimsical statement.
BTW, please do not double post. If you have to add something, click on the edit button and add it to your post. Not trying to be bossy or mean. Personally double posts do not bother me at all but it is a no no here at this forum.

APEX1

Thanks bro and I don't know what you mean by signature lol

the signature is located in the user cp above the donation bar. welcome to the greatest place on earth hahahah:D:gun:

Last edited:
<<<<< that is your profile and you should enter your location as it is helpful in the future.
The rated range of wavelengths is what matters.
The signature is at the bottom of the persons post/reply if they have made one. I have not made one yet so you just see my reply. The signature usually state what lasers they have, links to good information or a whimsical statement.
BTW, please do not double post. If you have to add something, click on the edit button and add it to your post. Not trying to be bossy or mean. Personally double posts do not bother me at all but it is a no no here at this forum.
Awesome thanks! And ok did I double post?

yeah I dont know how any of you can do the forum on-line on a fone..
not for me.

OK sent you the group invite BUT be SURE to go there-find 'group tools' and subscribe via email to the group- that way when we announce a laser meet or event you will know OK?

easy to combine posts # 6 & 7.

finish your personal profile and Kev ( aka Gadget) will add you to the TX member map.

before looking elsewhere buy from forum members (active vets ) with good rep- do you know how to see another's rep?

even a members used lasers may be a better deal- they have their forum rep to consider.

any member will gladly and freely meter your lasers. anytime.

PM comimg

hak

btw Im down on the San Bernard River near the Sportsman Span bridge(brazoria)

drop in anytime (hope you can swim--lol)

Last edited: