Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Sweden

Hello!

Im 24 years old from sweden, since i was around 12-15 years old i´ve been intestested in lasers.
It all began one day when i was browsing the internet and stumbled across sam´s laser faq and a site describing various types of lasers such as hene, diode, dye, nitrogen, co2, argon ion and flashlamp pumped solid state such as ruby, Nd:YAG and excimer lasers.

The next day i began tracking down my first laser which was a little red laser pointer given to me by another student at school, it lasted around a week or two.

The years passed until i was around 18-20 when i realized another laser dream, getting a small 1.25mW HeNe tube with power supply on ebay for just 25 bucks, this tube lasted until a few weeks ago when it accidently fell from a table onto the floor and broke the bore.

Then 3 days ago i once again got the idea to look for lasers on ebay, this time it paid off bigtime, not only did i find a small Nd:YAG laser for 125 bucks, but i also scored a Spectra Physics 092-S Argon Ion laser tube for only 150 AUD + shipping.

So all that remains now is to wait for these to arrive.

Welcome! I'm 24 too :) Most users here are either below 20 or around 40 or older, so it's always nice to see someone your age.

Welcome to LPF!!! You'll find loads of useful information in our faq's, stickies, and searching the forum. Does your argon include a power supply? If not, you'll be needing to find one. Sounds like you'll be finding the gas lasers section useful. Enjoy your stay!

:thanks: bill!

My Ar Ion laser is just the tube alone, but i was gonna build my own psu, something similar to the one om sam´s laser faq, SG-IL1.

vk2fro

Welcome Experimentonomen

Seems you are already getting some nice lasers together. Hope that argon tube arrives for you soon. I'm having fun with my little argon!

Cheers
Ben

Good start for a new member. Welcome! Anything I can do for you in the future let me know.