Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Sunnyvale, California

Another newbie here....

Stumbled on your great forum. Looks like lots of information that I am continuing to read. Picking up my first premade Nova 100 green laser and looking at a blu-ray.

I am in the heart of silicon valley (south of San Francisco if u aren't sure). Computer security by day, and landscape and nature photography by night. Looking to incorporate lasers possibly into night photography or just illuminating those wide open landscapes at night. My photography website is located here

Thanks,
John in Sunnyvale, California

hello John from John in Chowchilla ca 30 minutes from fresno
you'll love it here i'm fully addicted to lasers now

Hi, John, and welcome to the forum.
There is suppost to be swap meet near your location that one of the members here says is a good place to pick up lots of laser goodies. I think it is De Anza, but not sure.

:DOk, how do we find out about swap meets in our local areas.

Hi, John, and welcome to the forum.
There is suppost to be swap meet near your location that one of the members here says is a good place to pick up lots of laser goodies. I think it is De Anza, but not sure.

Yes De Anza, they have greenies going up to 50mw's i belive.... I am very close to Sunnyvale! I would recomend the De Anza meets if you wanna go browse and see cool stuff! Hell you might even see me there!
-stnfrdpolo
(And welcome to the forum!)

@tymtravler- look in the newspaper. Usually I only hear about them by word of mouth. In this case, I think it was Benm who mentioned it. Or was it Laser_Ben?:undecided:

Last edited:
^^ that would be awesome. I have been wanting to go for some time now.

Thanks for the welcome. I know they have flea markets there often but have never been. it is just a mile or so from my house. Laser_ben lives only 2 miles away so I will connect with him. We might need to have a bay area laser meet-up!

cheers
John

hmm.. i'm straight in the capitol in the silicon valley in San Jose... currently a student co-op (similar to an internship) at Cisco.

i stumbled across LPF the other day and have been reading threads like a mad man...

thinking of trying to meet up with a few forum members here that are knowledgeable and learn somemore before i drop my wallet into purchasing a laser.

after hours of reading, i might do a diy kit or a pre-assembled one from a forum member... looks promising and very much within budget vs a production one from a website. (though there are great ones out there.. can't really afford one.. :undecided: )

well.. glad to see other folks from the bay area :)

welcome shagoki from central california

John

hey just maybe we could get a meet going later on I know we could all meet up at my house central Ca and see how long before my wife kills us lol

lol.. that would be sweet... i'd love to see your collection of lasers.

chill out, relax.. talk about stuff... (smoke a few cigars?)
and maybe have you help me pick a nice laser and whatnot.

(still looking at getting a nice one to start my collection)

what city are you in in central cali?