Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from South Carolina

Glad I ventured in here. I'm already in NC, and Newton, isn't that far from me. I may have to check it out next year! Thanks for the heads up!

YOU BETTER!!
Just DO IT.
You wont want to miss another trust me on that. one thing we never had too much of was attendees.. More means more help, an increase in funding, So come to newton and bring your friends too.. the music is loud- and enough genres to please all. Events like tis one are extremely rare- these are never 'open' to the public. ALL who attend must wear badges and sign a insurance waiver- no exceptions- we all have acces to every place in the venues. WE brig lots of drink and food- there is a kitchen and security 24hrs most just leave all they have in the BS &T room from thursday until sunday when we pack up,Honor system-- see something on one of the table you like go find the person and strike up a deal -- we need not 'sit' on our stuff.

Thank you Hakzaw1. Looks like Newton is a few hours from me (I'm between Greenville and Columbia). August is probably too hot and humid, but I wonder if anyone camps out (in nature) for the event.

ha ha last year another asked me the same question- he came and split a room instead of sleeping in his hammock. Its only around 25$ per nite to share a suite-- we get some of that back eating breakfast at the HIE.
You need not buy any food while there- you can bring stuff from home and cook it at the venue or in a suite-- c'mon dont you usually eat every day?? so I do not really count meals as a 'cost' , we all go out to a place on one or two nites- I just order an app. and ice tea- There is a super walmart next to the hotel.. at the venue toss 5$ in the hat and get in on the pizza-

the weather in Newton is not all that hot and humid by then--NOW a GOOD Idea is to tow a camper and park in the lot at the venue,,no water hook up but IIRC we did have power running out to a camper.

For moar info- links to vids and pics and read what is posted pre event just go lurk at PLeX- pretty much ALL LEMs are organized and ran thru that forum// want laser ****?? google 'SELEM Laser' tons of vids on LEMs there most at Youtube.

How about this: my first two SELEMs 2010 and 2011 I won door prizes worth >$500 each year! mmmm The prize pool grows every year. thnk about bringing something to add to the pool also..

Start your plan NOW- waiting til the last month to begin is setting yrself up for a fail. Last yr it was $60 per forum member- we each get 20$ in the form of a high quality LOGO monogrammed Polo shirt- has collar and buttons-
IF you can add another day that will go up--

If one of you local guys can bring a pit we can smoke dead animals in the parking lot. i hate to leave the venues ( yes we have two at the same location) to get meals--too much going on and some things there you should NOT MISS.

hak

PM me if you have any 'personal ' questions.