Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from NY

Alfendalf

Hello everyone I am 25 years old and I am new to the forum, I work as a web designer and live in New York.

big LPF welcome-- hope you really enjoy the forum.
We do have some great members up your way. I know some will read your title and hit you back..
They hold laser meets there and missing one would be a shame.

Another good deal about that is both hands-on help AND any member with a meter will test any laser you have. Sadly some sellers are over rating their lasers (LIKE ALIBABA)--in hopes you will not meter them- when you need something I suggest you try to find what you need from other forum members--one of the first things you need is fairly good eye protection==way too many tome we read about lasers already owned BUT no eye protection yet.. not smart..

Survival Laser Gary is the best. IF you plan on many wavelengths you may need more than one pair as most cover only two 'colors' one that cover all are very expensive-- so I wear two pairs at the same time to protect from injury, which happens more than we know as most injuries do not produce much pain-- I see black 'floaters' -- an indication that I have gotten careless at least one time.. These black spots often look like a bug is flying just barely in my vision....If I try to look at it ...it seems to move out of my vision.
Safety is #1 here. IF & When you no longer need eye protection--they are very easy to sell here-- you should get most of your 'investment' back --offer them when selling a laser--I try hard to never sell to any member who is not protecting their eyes. I have been known to ask for a pic of the eye protection the buyer already owns owns.. do not get confused-- some say 'red laser glasses' problem with that is..... are the lenses red or is the protection for red lasers (which will be any color BUT red) I think we need to stick to what wavelengths the glasses protect. The problem is most evident with the most expensive all visible wavelength protection--these have lenses that are often a grey color-- so 'gray laser glasses' make no sense.
info/data about them is either on the lens or on the frame--look for the wavelength numbers and the OD.
if there is nothing there --they are NOT worth owning.

btw
blue blockers-RayBans - welders protection etc is NOT 'good enough'.

Hi,
Welcome to LPF many knowledgeable folks her , and we have a search bar for accumulated builds , tests ETC..
Enjoy and be safe, get these safety glasses.
Rich:)
These are from Survival Lasers and many here can verify these to be great glasses.
F115F41E-8D8F-4B7D-BAD3-3DAFA218B70A_4_5005_c.jpeg

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Ah a fellow Yorker eh? Welcome