Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Munich, Germany

wus

Hello everybody here,

I'm Wolfgang from Munich in Germany. I read the stickies (hope I didn't overlook one) but it's a bit overwhelming, so please forgive me if I don't follow all the do's and dont's. Please tell me if necessary ...

I write under the same handle - "wus", simply my intitials - in many other forums, mostly travel and photography related. You can see some of my pictures and a little bit of a blog about my trips on my website www.wolfgangsphotos.com, although there is more content and pictures in the German section, wolfgangsphotos.de.

I'm a retired engineer (power electrics plus and test & measurement) so you can write technical to me.

I like to travel and take pictures and this is also how I got aware of this forum: On a recent trip to Papua to photograph birds of paradise and other exotic wildlife, one of the birding guides used a green laser pointer to show me where in the bush or up in a tree he saw "the" bird. Very useful! Without the pointer, I wouldn't have seen several of the birds. The green point was well visible - despite bright tropical sunshine! - up to distances of maybe 50 or even 100 meters (estimated). So now I'm looking for a similar device... and my search led to this forum.

Thanks for setting it up, whoever did it!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, Wolfgang, thanks for making an introduction thread! :)

Have fun, stay safe, and enjoy your stay.

PS - Those are some beautiful photos in your blog; the ones of the volcano are spectacular!

Welcome to the LPF, Wolfgang. I also appreciate you posting in the welcome subforum. Enjoy your stay here. It is a great place to learn everything laser related.

Welcome Wolfgang :)

Absolutely brilliant intro thread - Don't worry about every detail in the do's/dont's. You'll be fine!

Very nice travel photos on your blog, quite an impressive set.

Hi , Welcome I,ll say it again nice intro we dont get to many folks that join writing the introductions in the welcome section. good job

Rich:)

jnrpop

Herzliche willkommen Wolfgang, ich wohne in Nord Deutschland :), enjoy your time here on the forum, there´s alot of great info and great people that write it! lg

VERY good 'intro' ==== one of the best!!!
I would love to hear about the big gathering by 'laserfreeks' in Berlin.
I had a good friend make the meet a few years ago,, he is a serious SELEM attendee and wanted to cross the Berlin meet off his 'bucket list' IF you can manage a trip to USA in Aug --that is when SELEM happens in Newton North Carolina. (mid month & it lasts for almost 5 days!!)-- you would love SELEM. it is by far the biggest and best of all USA Laserists meets.

most fun you can have with your clothes on!!

By attending LEMs I have made >100 new laser brothers (& a few sisters too_).. meeting all in person.
There are no strangers at LEMs-just good friends you have not met yet.

WE can pick you up at the airport and see that you make your flight back home too.

No need to bring lots of gear... in fact in the SELEM BS&T room you may find some items to Buy
or Trade and take home.
awesome deals too. WE use three venues in same location now- just TOO many lasers for one place!!
see 'SELEM Laser' at Facebook and YTube==

cheerz===hak

Hallo Wolfgang,

ich bin in der Nähe von Salzburg, also vergleichsweise in der Nachbarschaft. Hier sind ein paar wirklich coole Typen zu finden.

Es war eine gute Entscheidung, zuerst hierher zu kommen und dann erst etwas zu bestellen. Manche machen es genau umgekehrt. :rolleyes:

Ich habe schon einiges von der Technik mit bekommen, seit ich auf das Forum gestoßen bin, auch wenn ich mich jetzt nicht als echten Laser Freak bezeichenen kann. Ich habe einen ziemlichen Respekt vor diesen Licht Monstern. Aber es ist ziemlich interessant, hier ein wenig rum zu hängen.
(y)