Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from middle TN

GSS

Oh boy, oh dear, what do we have here. :crackup:
Some not so friendly welcomes to members that just might be legit. A common theme here lately:( Discourages some wanna be new signer uppers to see someone get blasted right of the bat on what used to be a pretty friendly forum:whistle:
Let someone post a few times and then go with your gut feelings as returning trolls usually give themselves up quickly by their "choice of wording"
I do understand though that the proper way of joining is a "Intro Get To Know Me Thread":)

Yea, when I first joined I got the same treatment. I can understand nutball far more than some choices for member names, though.

GSS

Nutball does "say" troll, especially on a laser thread but I guess he explained he uses it on every forum or such.
Iv'e been surprised on just how many names you would of thought were unique but have been taken.
I couldn't log on, on quite a few places and had to use GSS401 as an example:undecided:

He might just being descriptive of his personality, I guess that's fine, a nutball for using it though :p

I just don't quite understand why a person of any age would make his name ChildBrain and have that as his avatar, but I'll avoid jumping to conclusions too fast. :crackup: :p

Yea, I've seen other names like that too, referring to a rock band which appeared to be so off the wall and weren't.

Welcome! Nutball, you will find many recommendations for glasses from EaglePair. I have the 190-540nm ones for blue and green lasers. I can see the dot from a low powered 532nm laser an I know they block more or less light depending on the wavelength. That's why they are 4+ or 5+ depending on what beam it is. I ordered the OD4+ ones for 42.99 (standard laser safety goggles) The picture says OD4+ but when they came it actually says OD5 on the lens. When I get my blue laser it will be able to block much more light. There's a link with the relationship between optical density and wavelength on the survival laser site. Eagle Pair® 190-540nm Standard Laser Safety Goggles

Good info, thanks. I think my Sanwu glasses will be fine for now, but I definitely would get something better for a more powerful laser as they are minimal glasses. Are there glasses with multi angle or 360 degree polarization if possible, maybe by layering filters at different angles? I need to look up how polarized lenses work. I found that at the right angle polarized sunglasses work as well or slightly better than the Sanwu green glasses. Both together would probably be much better.

Encap

Good info, thanks. I think my Sanwu glasses will be fine for now, but I definitely would get something better for a more powerful laser as they are minimal glasses. Are there glasses with multi angle or 360 degree polarization if possible, maybe by layering filters at different angles? I need to look up how polarized lenses work. I found that at the right angle polarized sunglasses work as well or slightly better than the Sanwu green glasses. Both together would probably be much better.

PS: Polarized glasses are just as useless as any other sunglasses when it comes to laser protection.

ONLY LASER SAFETY GOGGLES ARE LASER SAFETY GOGGLES. THINGS WHICH ARE NOT LASER SAFETY GOGGLES ARE NOT LASER SAFETY GOGGLES.

Good point why question what may work and ooh this might do the trick... Just get actual rated protection.

I just got the idea for multi angle polarized glasses for extra protection to go with the color filter since sunglasses do a good job of significantly reducing laser intensity when turned at the correct angle. I also recently found through further testing that the reflection off a wall is nowhere nearly reduced in brightness with sunglasses as much as a beam straight from the source. Just and idea, I'm always learning.

The Sanwu glasses are working well for burning things with the 250mw laser.