Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Maryland

Hello Forum,

I've lurked here for a year or so, and been drawn here many times in the past for various reasons.

My hobbies include lots of DIY projects, firearms, and night vision. I own several gen 3 night vision optics and infrared aiming lasers and ir torches.

While image intensifier tubes for night vision are extremely difficult to manufacture and have a justifiably high cost, I'm tired of paying a small fortune for 0.7 mw civilian legal ir lasers that are less complicated then many of the projects here built for much less.

I hope to lurk and learn and possibly help answer any questions about my hobby.

Reactions: ARG

IsaacT

Welcome to the forum!!! It is good that you have experience with IR lasers. Tell me, do you have Safety Glasses? SurvivalLasers sells ones for most wavelengths you might encounter.

Read the stickies and have fun!

-Isaac

welcome.gif
to the Forum jaybeez....

Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Get Some Safety Goggles Now!

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

K

Krane

lmao i hate you guys every time someone new comes to forum you start telling them about safety glasses lol, come onn!!

welcome, im new here too, i lurk more than post, thx for replying in my post, I actually decided not to go with ITT Pinnacle, I will actually get the filmless L3 latest gen, its like Gen 4, I saw some videos the images look just so much better, what do you think?

lmao i hate you guys every time someone new comes to forum you start telling them about safety glasses lol, come onn!!

welcome, im new here too, i lurk more than post, thx for replying in my post, I actually decided not to go with ITT Pinnacle, I will actually get the filmless L3 latest gen, its like Gen 4, I saw some videos the images look just so much better, what do you think?

Gen 4 doesn't exist, some use that term but it is purely marketing hype, but filmless is an advance in gen 3 technology. however it comes with a price, namely it is more vulnerable to damage from shock, drops, recoil.

video images are sometimes misleading, video quality, environmental conditions, the equipment used, even the photographer, can effect the quality of the video.

even an older filmed tube with specs better than a brand new filmless tube can perform better. the advances in gen 3 are negligible to the average end user. buy based on a spec sheet and what you can afford. look for higher resolution and a good signal to noise ratio.