Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Maryland

Sword7

Hello folks,

I recently got three 5 mW laser pointers (407nm, 532nm, and 650nm). I searched for laser forum and found that. I found lasercommunity forum. I tried to access it but I already was banned from that forum for no reason with my comcast account. I was only able access that through my iPhone. Then I was able find this another laser forum here.

For 532nm green laser pointer, a dot is so bright like sun! For 405nm violet laser pointer, I can see violet dot. When I aim my pointer to one of my white clothes, it became brighter blue dot, etc... My family's cat chased a dot like crazy.

I was figuring why a green dot is so bright like sun and decided to research how brightness 5 mW green laser is. I was shocked to notice that 1 mW laser beam is 167 times brighter than sundirect! That's why I decided to study laser safety.

Thanks,
Sword7

ZRTMWA

Welcome to LPF! There's about 10-15 of us on LPF that live in Maryland. Where specifically are you located? Feel free to PM me.

Welcome.

Without trying to bash lasercommunity, we have a lot more info, and much better people if you need help. Please take the time to search an answer before posting a question. May basic questions have been answered many times. If you cant find an answer there are plenty of people to help. Good luck.

Welcome Sword7
LPF is one great community. Filled with a wealth of info, and fun.
Feel free to ask any questions you may have. After you have tried the search function.

Welcome to LPF. Enjoy your time with us here.

I have included a handy guide to assist you in finding what you need. ;)

mat.jpg

search.gif

For 532nm green laser pointer, a dot is so bright like sun!
Welcome to the forum:) You think a 5mW is bright, try a 600mW.
I hated laser gun sights untill green came out. The red was worthless unless you were shooting in the dark.