Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

hello from luxembourg friends!

hello everybody, my name is David!

I have a question about handheld lasers, I have become interested in the handheld lasers and would like to know if it is necessary to go to a school to learn and understand about how they work or can an average person understand how they work without any formal training?

thank you!

Attachments

• Home.jpg
    Home.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 31

Encap

Welcome--enjoy the forum.

You can learn all about them here ay LPF--go to the different subforums and read the stickys---then use the LPF search function to acress the broad LPF database for anything you want to look into more.

If you get stuck --ask any laser or laser related question--many members will be glad to help you comprehend the fine points of any aspect.

BobMc

Ditto what Encap said, welcome and enjoy. It's a great place to learn. But warning lasers are addictive. :)

thank you friends, I don't own one yet because I'd like to learn about them so I can make a informed decision on purchasing one of my own.

thanks!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF David! :beer:

It looks like Encap and the others have you headed in the right direction.
The only thing I'd add is to be sure and use the proper safety glasses/goggles for any lasers with output >5mW.

Jeff

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum David. :) Can I suggest adding your location to your profile, it helps us later on.
It is good to see you are willing to learn, you can learn a lot here.
As for knowing what goes on inside those lasers, you don't need to go to school to learn. You just need to know how to use a search engine and do some research. ;)
This forum has its very own search bar which allows you to discover a lot. But feel free to ask questions. :beer:

Last edited:
welcome to the lpf you can learn everything here if you are a good reader and if you have a good questions everyone here will be happy to help you :)

Welcome to LPF jonny! :beer:

It looks like Encap and the others have you headed in the right direction.
The only thing I'd add is to be sure and use the proper safety glasses/goggles for any lasers with output >5mW.

Jeff
really my name is David, I am a large fan of johnny rotten formally of the *** pistols.

Welcome to the Forum...

I'm not quite sure... Is there no Google
available in Luxembourg.. :thinking:

Logic dictates that that would be the 1st
place someone would go for any type of
Information.
I know I do....

Enjoy your stay.

Jerry

this site is great! i have read much since joining and there is much more to read!