Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Los Angeles!

Axgk

Hi! Im not really looking to make anything but I am looking for a laser that would be able I to cut through tape at the very least, I have already found some but im just looking for advice from someone more experienced. Also would I be needing safety glasses for these? I already think I know a good pair I can get. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum!~!!

What type you want is a visible or invisible laser,if you want a visible laser,max power is 8W one each NUBM44-V2,dual is 15W
but if you want a invisible,you have many options, a CO2 laser,a IR 905nm or a Fibel laser(power can reach 100W or more)
about goggles,yes,you need it buy a good glass when using a high-powered laser

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, Axgk. :)

Yes, as trinh mentioned, you'll need the appropriate safety glasses/goggles for the particular wavelength that you decide to use.
A good source of reasonably priced, good quality safety glasses can be found here, Survival Lasers, the owner, Gary (Garoq), is a member here at LPF, and he offers a discount for LPF members.

Last edited:
ARE you wanting to cut tape OR do you just want one that will?

a box knife works swell for me. and smells better-
any focusable 405 nm ~100mW should be the best. (and still VERY cheap)

Welcome to the Forum...
You will need Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses
for any Laser over 5mW.

Enjoy your stay