Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Germany

Mannitu78

Hi, my name is Arthur, im 40 and from Hamburg Germany :)
i got interested in Lasers by stumbling over a styropyro video like many more i guess. I gotta admit i wasnt even sure if lasers like this existed anywhere else than in science fiction films, let alone they were available for so cheap. How ever i have just reveived a blue laser from china, it goes under the name "Shadow lasers X6" also "BX6"...its one that styro had in one of his videos, works well and also burns stuff...well kind of, it makes smoke^^..seems to be well made.

However i gotta admit im a tiny bit disappointed about the brightness....i didnt buy it tu burn things or because i need a highend.blinding weapon^^..i just wanted to look at it in the night when i hold it in the sky. Therefore i want to also get a green laser now which is supposed to appear much brighter. Can anybody recommend a good one? The blue one i have now obviously has about 1400-1500mw and can also be ordered in green. However it might well be the green one will have much less power. Anybody knows a real 1000w+ green laser?

thank you

Welcome to the LPF, Arthur. You'd be better off using a green laser to see the beam at night. Since you are new the least expensive ones are the 301 and 303 style lasers on eBay. They can be had for as little as $6.00 with free shipping. Search for 532nm laser pointers. I have several of these and most come in ~80 mW.

I noticed you have started several threads on your first day here. Just to let you know, this is more of a technical forum, not a social one.

Mannitu78

thx for letting me know its not a social forum, you may not believe it but i didnt expect it do be :)
I just saw the "Welcome" thread and felt a little obligated to use it.

Yes i knoe the 303s but its not what im looking for. Going from 1500mw blue to a 80nm doesnt seem to make much sense to me, even from a point of bright visibility. Unfortunately the green higher powered lasers seem to be expensive, just looking at the diodes at ebay i can see only very few deliver more than 200mw. If its that expensive to buy or build a high powered green i maybe just pick a stronger blue one.

Hi. Arthur
Welcome to LPF nice intro about yourself and purchases.
Rich:)

Welcome to the Forum Arthur...
Like Paul said... Green is much brighter to
the human eye for the same powers.
Since you did not mention it... Hope you
have proper Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses
for your "burning" Laser.

Enjoy your stay and be Laser Safe.

Jerry

Mannitu78

well i dont use Googles? I know people use them for burning stuff but i wanna see the beam...why should i burn things with a device that can blind me, pretty uninteresting, i prefer a gas-torch.

the googles that came with the laser...the ones that look real sketchy and can be bought for 1eu...yes the red ones..seem to work..they reflect the complete beam. I guess they can save your eyesight ive you do something stupid. Ill just use the laser in a responsible way instead.
Pointing the laser at a reflective surface accidently seems to be the biggest danger in my opinion...i always make sure i know the enviroment when using it inside.

Last edited: