Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from France !

Hello all, I'm à french studient who live in bordeaux, I love video game, sport, and I'm nutella adicted :shhh:. I have discovered the univers of laser yesterday at 11 pm ^^ so I have just 1 hour of expérience ( you can say : you are a nooooob ! ... It's a joke of curs :) ) and I'm crazy about the possibility of the laser. I have join this forum for learn more about laser because I would like make à laser who can burning paper, carton and maybe woods, someway a lite "lightsaber" as in this vidéo :Homemade Lightsaber!?! MASSIVE 3W Handheld Laser Torching Stuff!! - YouTube.

I hope you can help me for this :bowdown:

I Know my english is not verry goob so tell me when you don't understand or I have make a mistake. :thanks:

Last edited:
Reactions: ARG

Welcome to LPF, I hope you enjoy the very forum, I am not an expert in lasers but I can give help.

Welcome to the forum, Oomaxime. You will find a lot of very helpful information here for new members and laser enthusiasts by reading through some of the forum sub-section sticky posts (the ones pinned to the top of each sub-forum). The ones about laser safety are especially important. You can use the search tool at the bottom of the page to look for information on all sorts of topics you may be interested in... like what sort of safety goggles to purchase, what laser colors are what wavelengths, what are some standard powers for laser pointers and handhelds, what do lasers cost, how to photograph a laser beam, how to build a laser, what laser manufacturers have a good reputation or product, who in the forum can build lasers and sell them, how to burn things with lasers and which lasers work well for that... etc. Basically, all your "noob" questions that people always ask have probably already been answered and are just one search away. If you look and still can't find it, then just ask... there a tons of people that are here to help. Heck, you may even find some folks that can answer you in French.

Be safe and have fun with your new hobby!

bonne nuit,
Clayton

Welcome to LPF there are tons of stuff to read on here so please read, read, read before you buy or build anything. To start you off click the 2 links in my sig (the orange ones)

Welcome read, learn enjoy, you will be burning soon enough always use glasses

cool a french guy on lpf :), I don' t think we are many.
don't forget to buy glasses when you use your first laser .

Welcome to the forums!

How is Nutella? Everyone I know is addicted to the stuff, and I've never had a lick of it. :thinking:

sinner

Welcome to the forum , be careful with what you wish for.. This laser you link for is something that a very experienced and mature hobbyist owns. You need to take notice how he puts on the laser shades/safety goggles before operating the laser.

I would recommend you start with purchasing a nice green laser pen, and safety goggles before you think of making, burning etc.

Vive la France! Hello and welcome to LPF! Now that I've seen a gourmand saying that they're addicted to Nutella, I'm going to try some out. :D