Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Florida

ohmmmm

Hi, I am new to lasers. Do not have one yet except for a cheapy cheapy one sold at local store. But I am investigating and reading to see if I want to start a hobby with lasers. Thanks for all your generous sharing.

If you do want to start a hobby - this is the best place for it :)

Enjoy your stay, there's plenty of extremely knowledgeable and experienced folk here who are a goldmine of information.

ohmmmm

Thanks for saying hello. Reading a lot already. It gets pretty technical. But that is good. All the best.

Anthony P

Recommend reading "The Laser Cookbook" by Gordon McComb and "Light and its Uses" C.L. Stong. One focuses on laser building and the other is a variety of electronics projects related to lasers.

Ohmmmmy. Welcome to the LPF. You needn't start out collecting wavelengths that are expensive. There are many decent Class IIIB laser that can be had in a hand full of wavelengths for very little money on eBay. Enjoy your stay.

please-- (DONT DO LIKE I DID) Either get eyewear WITH the laser, OR have them before you buy...
also buying from another member is a GREAT way to start here.
(in MANY ways)

you can even post a wanted thread in BST--- you will soon have access.. (not yet)
Eye ware that covers all visible wavelengths is best when starting out.. (some say 200 to 1000nm)
but 400 to 800 is what we like to 'play' with.
PM if I can help...hak

and always search first!!!!... then ask..
and adding your hometown into your profile will be a great idea .

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, ohmmmm! :)

Have fun, stay safe, and enjoy your stay!
There are many knowledgable and helpful members here to help you get started, and as others have already said, ....safety first!