Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from England.

Hi all, I'm from Warwickshire in England. I came across your forum whilst researching hand held lasers. I work with industrial lasers and was looking for a project to build at home for err....research purposes. Anyway I am not so hot on the physics of lasers so I hope you don't mind a newbie asking what might seem to you to be some very basic questions over the coming weeks.
Thanks in advance everyone. I'm off to start reading the stickies.

Hello malister and welcome. We have many members here from the U.K. Best of luck with your projects, research is always encouraged.

Alan

Teej

Hi all, I'm from Warwickshire in England. I came across your forum whilst researching hand held lasers. I work with industrial lasers and was looking for a project to build at home for err....research purposes. Anyway I am not so hot on the physics of lasers so I hope you don't mind a newbie asking what might seem to you to be some very basic questions over the coming weeks.
Thanks in advance everyone. I'm off to start reading the stickies.

Welcome A Board!

:D

I know people in England who might want to, be, um, research associates, when its nice out on clear evenings, etc.

ru124t

Welcome to the forums! Remember the search function is your friend and most questions can be answered by it. Always wear your safety goggles when playing with your lasers and never eat yellow snow! Most of all ,have fun!!!!

Thanks for the welcome, seems like a very lively and friendly forum. There is so much useful information here. Looks like I'd better get used to the search function.

Well, I joined this forum so that I could research making my own laser projects. However, 3 eye ops over the last two years have put my ambitions back by a year (only just had the stitches out from the last op). So I have taken the plunge and bought a 2W from Blord just to experiment with (BTW, I'm not a total laser noobie. I program industrial lasers for a living). However, as you all know, programming lasers is not the same as making lasers, and in that respect I am a total noob and I am still learning the actual physics of lasers. I look forward to picking your enormous brains.