Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from China--Thanks all for this great forum

Hello Everbody!
I am a novice laser from China .Yes.An ancient, mysterious and vibrant country .
As you know, the Chinese government has strict control over the Internet .So we have to use VPN if we want to access some social software ,for example Facebook,Twitter,Whatsapp(Access to LPF, however, does not require VPN ,hahaha,Thanks God).When I first used Facebook, I accidentally added hakzaw1 as my friend.And he passed my request .I saw some cool pictures of lasers on his facebook page, in that time my knowledge of lasers was stuck in military weapons and the red laser pens I played with as a child.From then on, I began to understand laser, spectrum, prism and lens ,405nm,532nm,difference of 5MW and 5mW(of course, I still know very little about them now). All thanks hakzaw1!It was he who took pains to teach me how to correct my misconceptions about lasers .And he helped me find LPF ,find new friends Paul in LPF and you--my next friends!I hope to learn from LPF.I am also new to forums,but Hak and Paul have been helping. I really appreciate them .
My city is one of the largest producer of optical lenses and prisms in China And One of China's most famous national enterprises---China optics corporation is here .Everyone calls my city that the China optical city .I'm very proud of it Much of the Optics from China come from my city. And internationally renowned SONY, Canon and other companies also buy from us a variety of prism .So if you have some problems in optics and need help, please let me know and I will do my best to help you .
My name in LPF is KingKube,hahaha,Do you think it's cool ( suggested by Hak--lol,he think that I can do something helpful for you in China ) .
This is my first thread .I'm glad that LPF has updated the page and functionality to let me find out how to publish a new thread, haha, (I couldn't find the welcome entry on the old LPF BBS page ).
I would like to thank LPF again for giving me the opportunity to meet you and learn more about laser .
I am KingKube.I come from China optical city. Thank you for your help !
Best wishes to everyone!

Gadget

Welcome, KingKube!
You'll find many helpful people here, knowledgeable in a WIDE range of subjects, and more than happy to share that knowledge.

That aside...how about cylinder prism pairs...for fast-axis beam correction? Seen any of those over there in Optical City?

Also, do you have access to the spec sheet for those xcubes? Specifically the power handling capability, and the transmissive/reflective properties of the AR coatings?

Enjoy your stay at LPF!
-Gadget

Welcome, KingKube, to the LPF. It is a great place to gain knowledge about lasers and how they function. I have two prisms I bought from you that are scheduled to get here on Thursday. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

Welcome, KingKube!
You'll find many helpful people here, knowledgeable in a WIDE range of subjects, and more than happy to share that knowledge.

That aside...how about cylinder prism pairs...for fast-axis beam correction? Seen any of those over there in Optical City?

Also, do you have access to the spec sheet for those xcubes? Specifically the power handling capability, and the transmissive/reflective properties of the AR coatings?

Enjoy your stay at LPF!
-Gadget
Dear Gadget:
The cylinder prism is of course,and i will list some.about the detail parameter about xcube,I don't quite understand it yet. I think I'll ask you these questions,and i and the prism will become more professional.Thank you for your attention,my friend.

Welcome, KingKube, to the LPF. It is a great place to gain knowledge about lasers and how they function. I have two prisms I bought from you that are scheduled to get here on Thursday. I hope you enjoy yourself here.
Dear Pual:
i am so happy to see you again.hahaha.

Welcome Alan and Lin
TY Robert--I was going to google 'Pillar prism' is it '4 sided' ?
@Gadget. pm or post a link here to the optics-- correction- C-lens.
Played with two Kubes (18mm) and the RGV trio Alan has listed last nite..
LPM later plus pics.. tried to find the orientation for the lasers -- for 3 go in one comes out.
Had better luck doing that in reverse w/ a 'White' LED flashlight.
Each way of combining lasers has its pros and cons/
IMO dichro mirrors get easier results ,, 'Knife edge' makes for a larger beam/spot. But only requires FSMs.
I am thinking PBS Kubes are a good choice when combining 'like' wavelengths..
I check Alan's listings 2X a day.. he keeps adding!!! and he already has a source of PBS- for RG&B--just waiting for requests.. I have a PBS cube made for 405nm (TY DAVID)'' Anybody interested in a 3 pcs. PBS Kubes. listing?. one of each RG/B ?
AND how about those BALLS! I have obe coming from another seller. 40mm iirc- small but OK
Should we suggest that Alan drops the "healing' 'magic'. etc.. from the title.lol?
do a search-- unbelievable number of listings and MANY start at a penny but most are not clear glass.. "from ancient Asia' ha ha- madeinchina.. and nearly ALL are listed as "HUGE"
fyi a 20mm is just a clear glass marble.. 99 cents is robbery..