Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello friends

anderp

Hi!

I've always found these introduction threads incredibly awkward but I figure I can't exactly go wrong...

I am Andrew and I live in Melbourne, Australia, and I am a gigantic nerd.

As I suspect is the case for almost everyone here I've always been fascinated by lasers and their ilk (along with a million other things... Still, there's just something about things that glow. Or whir. Or spin.)

I was a pretty active member of CandlePowerForums when I was a lot younger (with a different username, changed here specifically because OH GOD THE THINGS I DID IN GRADE FOUR SHAME ME) and it seems like here is the equivalent of there but for lasers, so I'm down with that.

anyway yes hi hello i am new please be nice and excuse me while I read the entire thread chronicling xoul's 1w blue laser to the face experience and furiously purchase a MILLION CERTIFIED SAFETY GOGGLES.

--anderp

[edit: it's probably worth mentioning that at this stage i only own a 1mW HeNe tube and a couple of "1mW" ebay pointers, so the need for goggles prior to now has not been hugely high. All the same, I do own a couple of non-certified pairs of goggles (Uvexes)]

Last edited:

anderp

Thankyou for all the well wishes everyone :) I am sure I will have a great time ^_^

Gabe

Big welcome, seems like you'll have a great time here :) See you around!

Welcome to the forums. I watched the videos of the Uvex glasses and they appear to be pretty good. That's what I bought, but then again I only plan to go to 100mw.