Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

hello everyone.

Razako

Get a dealextreme true 30.
You can't beat them if you want a decent non-burning laser for cheap.

alright, ill order that tonight ::) i got lasershades, do they bock IR at all?

and do you recommend using the express shipping because of the slow regular shipping?

and what do you guys think of my new avatar, i made it last night when i got bored.

bobobob121 said:
alright, ill order that tonight ::) i got lasershades, do they bock IR at all?

and do you recommend using the express shipping because of the slow regular shipping?

and what do you guys think of my new avatar, i made it last night when i got bored.

The laser shades are specially designed to shield your eyes from green light-hence the red color. They are great for high powered green lasers which can easily make your eyes squint, but other than that, they are pretty much useless, specially against IR light.

IR is invisible...... thus-putting on the glasses would have no effect. In fact, it might worsen the situation as your pupils will be dialated.

The best advice ill give you is to use a DX 30 outside only

Chad

Pupil dilation isn't really a problem with lasershades... unless you put on like 3 pairs. ;)

Bob- the IR output on a DX 30 shouldn't be more than just a few mWs. Their IR filters aren't good by any means, but they're not as bad as you'd think. Still, SteelRain has good advice... using it outside is ideal.

Chad said:
Pupil dilation isn't really a problem with lasershades... unless you put on like 3 pairs. ;)

Bob- the IR output on a DX 30 shouldn't be more than just a few mWs. Their IR filters aren't good by any means, but they're not as bad as you'd think. Still, SteelRain has good advice... using it outside is ideal.

i have personally tested 5 true30mw lasers from DX, all of them, while they do put out IR, don't put out much of it. My logitech G5 laser mouse has an IR laser more powerful than the IR that leaks from a true30mw

that makes me feel good to hear :) i need to know as soon as possible if i should choose express shipping.

Chad

I really don't know what difference it'll make... but sure, try it. :p

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
yes, it is

banned the account