Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello everyone! First post

Gabrielgflower

What's up folks!
My name is Gabriel, I'm from Brazil - RS
After some good reading on the forum I decided to finally join in. Even though I'm a novice and still learning about lasers, I do have some experience to share, so hope I can contribute with the forum.
I've went to technical school and 'graduated' in electrotechnis, got some experience with DIYing and lot of Arduino projects and stuff like that. Currently I'm working as an intern software developer for ADP and studying IT.
I don't own much laser-related stuff yet, just 4 lasers from china, a few modules and diodes. Still building my setup, unfornately having to pay in dollars doesn't help us brazilians too much lmao!
My next step is upgrading my goggles, the ones that I have are probably OD2, not even close to what I need.
Anyway, that's my quick introduction.
oh and by the way, I'm 22 years old 🤟
Hope you guys had a nice day!

nice reply encap!! bravo

welcome Gabe from Brazil.

nice intro--AND we appreciate that you made an intro..

if you add that location --when a members 'mouses' over your username they will see 'Brazil'
and doing THAT will get you welcomes and some will be from Brazil members--I promise.
I am in TEXAS -- come see me if you ever get near.

IF you have a question that you may not want to ask in the general forum just PM encap or me and while we do not have ALL the answers--we DO know members that do...

Len

Last edited:
found these..
LPF Members in Brazil
Roger Andrade
Sputnicker (Bruno)
there is at least one more--SHE did some selfish things that cost LPF two awsome members... She was only here for her own agenda-- I cannot help but think--MOST if not all of those here who 'had her back' ONLY did so because it was a 'she'' If it had been a dude-- the outcome would be 180 degree diff. Once she got what she wanted ( & SHE WANTED EVERYTHING) we never saw her here AGAIN. Which is no loss.. but the two members she (& those here who supported her) drove off will likely they will never come back WE needed them 100X more than her.

Hi,
Welcome to LPF great intro we do not get many fine intro's here and we all welcome you. Have fun and be safe .
Rich:)

Gabrielgflower

found these..
LPF Members in Brazil
Roger Andrade
Sputnicker (Bruno)
there is at least one more--SHE did some selfish things that cost LPF two awsome members... She was only here for her own agenda-- I cannot help but think--MOST if not all of those here who 'had her back' ONLY did so because it was a 'she'' If it had been a dude-- the outcome would be 180 degree diff. Once she got what she wanted ( & SHE WANTED EVERYTHING) we never saw her here AGAIN. Which is no loss.. but the two members she (& those here who supported her) drove off will likely they will never come back WE needed them 100X more than her.
Oh my gosh, and 'she' was from Brazil? what a shame, hard to believe that even here those scammers show up, unfortunately there are lots of scammers here in Brazil Len. Well, at least she left us a funny but tragic story lmao.
Also thanks for finding up other BR members, nice to know there are hobbiests close to me also!

Gabrielgflower

Thanks Rich and Redcowboy! Have a nice day guys
Also, soon I'll be posting some reviews and stuff to get along, sadly I'm waiting for better goggles which I recently bought. Still learning about the forum though, so it will be a nice experience

Jim H

Welcome Gabriel! I have a friend from Colorado who has been working in the mines down there as an engineer.

Gabrielgflower

Welcome Gabriel! I have a friend from Colorado who has been working in the mines down there as an engineer.
Thanks Jim.
That's awesome! Your friend probably works around the state of Minas Gerais, 14 out of 20 biggest Brasil mines are found there.
It's kinda close to me also! Minas Gerais is southeast Brazil, I live in South.

Jim H

Thanks Jim.
That's awesome! Your friend probably works around the state of Minas Gerais, 14 out of 20 biggest Brasil mines are found there.
It's kinda close to me also! Minas Gerais is southeast Brazil, I live in South.
Looks like he works at Suacui Mineracao in Minas Gerais.

Welcome Gabriel!
My name is Roger, I live in Taubaté/SP Brasil - It would be a big pleasure change experiences with you. Let me know if there is anything I can assist you with. I bought a laser a few years ago 2.4 mw, unfortunately it already died and I'm so excited to get a new one but as you know, Brazilian authorities are very strict with imports of this kind of product (lasers)... so bad!

Gabrielgflower

Welcome Gabriel!
My name is Roger, I live in Taubaté/SP Brasil - It would be a big pleasure change experiences with you. Let me know if there is anything I can assist you with. I bought a laser a few years ago 2.4 mw, unfortunately it already died and I'm so excited to get a new one but as you know, Brazilian authorities are very strict with imports of this kind of product (lasers)... so bad!
What's up Roger! thanks
Nice to hear there's some brazilians friends over here. Currently I'm living in Rio Grande do Sul.
I'm not being active as much I wish on the forum, have a few other projects happening on my life but I of course haven't forget the lasers. I just got a better pair of goggles and an 1.5mw purple, had a of lot of fun with it.
Anyway, I'll contact you so we can share some exp!! thanks bro