Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello Everybody!

LeroyLaserkins

LPF Site Supporter
Hello LPF members, I have been a browser of this website for a very long time. my goal is just learning more about lasers and supporting this website/community filled with the information that’s helped me be more knowledgeable and responsible with lasers.

anyways thanks for welcoming me to the forum!

Last edited:

Snecho

Best of luck to you on your laser journey!

You probably already know this by now, but It's always important to be safety conscious, I hope you have the proper laser safety goggles for those really nice lasers.

Stay safe and happy lasing!

Welcome to our motley crew of laser enthusiasts
MOTLEY
I resemble that remark sir!!

OP:
when you are ready to get your collection closer to complete see me for your first JETLASERS (.org) laser.
There is a Group Buy on-going and I have a few to sell from Texas as well as beam expanders for Mini and full size.

should you ever want to meet other members conider an edit or a second intro--our location appears in our profile and when you username is moused. The 'welcome' section is seen by many and anyone hosting a LEM would for sure want you to attend and they will send you an invite IF they can... his newest forum sucks for that.. our location had appeared every time we post .. Go to just one LEM and you wont want to miss another AND may want to host one yourself-I DID.

I always say:
One awesome thing about LEMs is that no other 'attendee' will ask you 'WHY LASERS?", 'why so many--is one NOT enough?'
we all know why!

search 'SELEM Laser' lots of pics and many vids from past SELEM events. Without the LEMs there is NO way I could have met in person >100 members, thier families and friends.

Len
co-host of two TEXLEMs

edit/update
depending where you live (east coast is big)-there have been (IIRC) a NYCLEM- MYB one in Virginia and several in Orlando (FLEM) These events are as addictive as the lasers are.
SO-- connecting the dots is much harder when the LEM hosts cannot invite you easily.
Some find these so awesome are willing to spend a lot going to ones far away.
At my first SELEM I met 'Maserpj' who flew from the Netherlands to attend.
Daguin came from Cali- Brad B. goes to many (he lives in Va.)
These happen world wide.
Dr Sam was our/my guest twice (from Philly)
IF I had the fundage I would go to all of them.. Especially the one on a cruise ship, CAMPLEM-(held at a campground owed by a member) and CARIBLEM on an exotic Island. TEXLEM 2012 was a great one in San Antonio.
see you at a LEM someday--hak

Last edited:

Snecho

MOTLEY
I resemble that remark sir!!

OP:
when you are ready to get your collection closer to complete see me for your first JETLASERS (.org) laser.
There is a Group Buy on-going and I have a few to sell from Texas as well as beam expanders for Mini and full size.

should you ever want to meet other members conider an edit or a second intro--our location appears in our profile and when you username is moused. The 'welcome' section is seen by many and anyone hosting a LEM would for sure want you to attend and they will send you an invite IF they can... his newest forum sucks for that.. our location had appeared every time we post .. Go to just one LEM and you wont want to miss another AND may want to host one yourself-I DID.

I always say:
One awesome thing about LEMs is that no other 'attendee' will ask you 'WHY LASERS?", 'why so many--is one NOT enough?'
we all know why!

search 'SELEM Laser' lots of pics and many vids from past SELEM events. Without the LEMs there is NO way I could have met in person >100 members, thier families and friends.

Len
co-host of two TEXLEMs

edit/update
depending where you live (east coast is big)-there have been (IIRC) a NYCLEM- MYB one in Virginia and several in Orlando (FLEM) These events are as addictive as the lasers are.
SO-- connecting the dots is much harder when the LEM hosts cannot invite you easily.
Some find these so awesome are willing to spend a lot going to ones far away.
At my first SELEM I met 'Maserpj' who flew from the Netherlands to attend.
Daguin came from Cali- Brad B. goes to many (he lives in Va.)
These happen world wide.
Dr Sam was our/my guest twice (from Philly)
IF I had the fundage I would go to all of them.. Especially the one on a cruise ship, CAMPLEM-(held at a campground owed by a member) and CARIBLEM on an exotic Island. TEXLEM 2012 was a great one in San Antonio.
see you at a LEM someday--hak
Hey hak, do you know if SELEM has officially been canceled for 2020?

Also, there's one on a cruise ship?? Wow.

for now--only on-line LEMs will happen.
lots of time to search for the near perfecrt LEM that you can host
that has advantages-sleep at home if its more than just a day.
and more-

buffo has hosted SELEM for 13 years
so I learned as much as possible at the 5 SELEM I made so far.

looks like there will never be another SRELEM at that venue.
back to square one.
TEXLEM 2012 was an exceptional one.. most 1st time LEM are limited.
The venue was exceptional
close to perfect
but its always very booked up so unlikely we will get it again unless
the pandemic works in our favor
we only got i because it was not booked 'SUPERBOWL'
weekend. and we made a good offer to pay.

the lists of pros and cons is a long one.
there is a lot more than most people can imagine.
buffo learned from the many LEMs he was involved with.

stuff we would not think about.
he has taken a big risk every year --paying from his pocket to secure the venue.
so for a 1st timer-- I would think small--somebody with a big garage could be enough.
and MYB just one or two days/nights''

shooting for a bigger number every year.

I have a list somewhere in a thread. its a long one.

I have 5 knit shirts (collar/buttons) each monogramed with the SELEM logo for that year.
black of course,