Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello all. New to these parts.

A hello to everyone. My name is not BlitzStryfe, but you people seem smart enough to figure that out. I am not sure what the open name policy on this forum is, though being over 18 and not overly paranoid (I doubt you get many stalkers on this board) I would be happy to go on a first name basis if that is the norm.

I am 18 and live in Maine. I have an interest in computers, gaming, weapons, writing, coding, talking, and Martial Arts. I have been wanting to try a new hobby for awhile and what great timing, since the holidays are right around the corner.

I found this site through a youtube link of all things. Earlier I had been researching some stuff about the feasibility of "controlled lighting" (kind of an oxymoron) and came across a video dealing with lasers.

Since building a lightning gun with my resources and knowledge is impractical (not to mention I would kill myself with my luck), I came here. I have a bunch of questions that will probably come across as very stupid to the more laser savvy users. Since I don't wish to make myself unwelcome in my first 24 hours (or later) I will do my best to use the search function. No promises though.

Is there a forum in particular to ask questions? I did not see one when skimming the forum but I may have missed it.

Anyways, hi again. I hope I will fit in on here :)

jayrob

Welcome to LPF!

You will get 'hooked' quick when you start buying and building some nice lasers...

Read up on safety and eye protection. Also, there is a tutorial and help section that has many great tutorials and video guides as well...

welcome.gif
to the Forum...

Click on the LPF Logo on the top of every page and it will take
you to the Forum Main page where you will see all the Forum
sections...
There is a ton of info here... just for the reading...

Enjoy the Forum... :cool:

Jerry

jasonx

Hello BlitzStryfe, welcome to laserpointer forums. Thank you for joining here..

CDHDC

Welcome! I'm sure you, as I have, will find plenty of information at your disposal.

Welcome to the forum! I'm a newcomer as well, and I have learned so much in my short time here. I learn something new every day.

Enjoy!

Welcome to LPF! We have lots of info, as well as everything you need to do a build. Please remember the need for appropriate eye protection.

ZRTMWA

Welcome to LPF, there isn't really a particular forum for askingquestions in, it all depends on what your questions are about.

welcome, to the FORUM!!!
the thing that was and is about what was and is an alien technology of coherence of light.
:lasergun:
you will find yourself very wise in a few hour's time, my padawan.