Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Helios - Open source, low cost DAC

Grix

Helios DAC is now supported by Sp*ghetti Laser show software! (funny how that word is still censored on this forum)

In other news, I've sold out the first batch of DACs. :) So currently it is out of stock on my stores, but it is still in stock at Innolasers: https://innolasers.com/shop/index.php?id_product=23&controller=product
New batch is in production and should be ready in some weeks.

Last edited:

BUMP BUMP
For Grix and the Helios... w/ Maxwell-- best ever laser p0r n and all those other laser softs that it works with.... what a deal!!

just try it.. you will want it.. ( soon [I hope] both will be available from Texas (at AixiZ))

Last edited:

Grix

Bumping this thread to let you guys know that a new batch has arrived and the DAC is back in stock at Bitlasers and ebay :)

Glad I saw this thread got bumped. I still have my sound card based DAC that I got from PL but getting it to work was always a bit tricky. What's the software of choice to use with it? I'd like something Mac based but I can dust off my old windows box if need be. I do have a copy of that pasta software but I'd need one of those USB dongles if he even still sells them. The PJ I'd be using it on isn't anything fancy just one of those half watt Reke that were popular several years back.

Glad I saw this thread got bumped. I still have my sound card based DAC that I got from PL but getting it to work was always a bit tricky. What's the software of choice to use with it? I'd like something Mac based but I can dust off my old windows box if need be. I do have a copy of that pasta software but I'd need one of those USB dongles if he even still sells them. The PJ I'd be using it on isn't anything fancy just one of those half watt Reke that were popular several years back.
''''

^^ from the group buy?
has db25 (ilda) on the back?

with Maxwell and the Helios DAC you will be fiddling knobs quickly...

Last edited:
Yeah. IIRC it wasn't a traditional GB but there was a special coupon code or something that gave us a decent deal. It does have the DB-25 ILDA (and DMX) connector on the back. I even made an adapter to defeat the dagnabbed internlock on it.

right right
'perfect storm'
free ship over $200
online coupon
PJ was also on sale so-- afaik that was the cheapest on a real RGB (not 405)w/ real scanners.
I still have two of them

Reactions: GSS