Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

held by customs at destination

Yep and one of the wierdest is DHL- seems to be some lag time involved as on a few occasions I went to bed reading -'Left HongKong' and it was at my door 12 hrs later.

This makes me nervous, I spent a decent amount of money with o-like the other day and wasn't aware I might be looking at customs issues. :-(

This makes me nervous, I spent a decent amount of money with o-like the other day and wasn't aware I might be looking at customs issues. :-(

Please put your location in your profile page- help come quicker & better if you do...
de ja vous!!

Will that help, or will that alert someone at customs to watch for my package? Ha ha, the worst thing is 10 of the lasers are low powered reds for gifts. I also have 4 sets of goggles and only two modestly powered lasers.

Tom

Will that help, or will that alert someone at customs to watch for my package? Ha ha, the worst thing is 10 of the lasers are low powered reds for gifts. I also have 4 sets of goggles and only two modestly powered lasers.

Tom
Customs only checks packages coming into a country and
in certain instances they have BLACKBALLED list where
companies like WL will get flagged for scrutinized inspection
due to the fact that their Lasers are NOT FDA approved.

They do not do Custom's inspections on the address of the
buyer... but the companies trying to get their illegal product
across the border...

Jerry

Customs only checks packages coming into a country and
in certain instances they have BLACKBALLED list where
companies like WL will get flagged for scrutinized inspection
due to the fact that their Lasers are NOT FDA approved.

They do not do Custom's inspections on the address of the
buyer... but the companies trying to get their illegal product
across the border...

Jerry

They also do random inspections as well but they only have the manpower to search 1-2% of all packages that come into the US. That 1-2% is mostly packages from companies that are on DWPE lists. Look at it this way, you're package literally has a 98-99% chance of getting through.

I just got an email from Susie telling me that my order wouldn't go out before the Chinese new year and it would be several weeks. She asked if I wanted to cancel the order and I told her that I WOULD like to cancel it. I'm going o shop around and maybe look at some of their stuff later.

I just got an email from Susie telling me that my order wouldn't go out before the Chinese new year and it would be several weeks. She asked if I wanted to cancel the order and I told her that I WOULD like to cancel it. I'm going o shop around and maybe look at some of their stuff later.

Well you're going to have the same problem with just about every other chinese company so just keep that in mind.

Well you're going to have the same problem with just about every other chinese company so just keep that in mind.

Yeah,

I just placed a large wholesale magnet order (think buckyballs) and they were able to DHL it out before 農曆新年 with no problem so I was surprised O-like wasn't able to do that with my Jan 08 order.

-Tom Steele

Sent from my iPhone 

On Jan 12, 2012, at 5:05 PM, "Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Lasers & Laser Pointers"<c0ldshadow@laserpointerforums.com> wrote:

Dear tsteele93,

sopark4000 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - held by customs at destination - in the General forum of Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Lasers & Laser Pointers.

This thread is located at:
held by customs at destination - Page 2 - Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Lasers & Laser Pointers

Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by tsteele93)---
---End Quote---

Last edited:
My laser has cleared customs and has departed from destination transit center

Anyone know what this means

My laser has cleared customs and has departed from destination transit center

Anyone know what this means

It means your laser has cleared customs and has departed from the destination transit center...