Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

held by customs at destination

hi i ordered an o-like 400mW blu ray laser a week before christmas

it says held by customs at destination
Does anyone know what that means? Did they confiscate my laser?

Depends where you are...
Sometimes customs holds on to things for a while for inspection and then releases them, if it's not allowed they may have confiscated it. If they are keeping it they will send you a letter letting you know that.

so its kind of like the tsa randomly searching bags oh crap

Don't think it has anything to do with TSA.

Customs checks random packages to make sure they contain what they say they do and to asess if the declared value is correct and to inspect the paperwork that accompanies international shipments.

Sometimes they just hold on to things for a while out of spite or being too busy to process your package.

It's really hard to say at this point... Where did you order from?

EDIT: my bad you said o-like... I think they have their shit together as far as shipping to the US and I don't think they are on any black-lists so I would just give it another week or so and see if it clears...

Last edited:
ok thanks i was shitting bricks thinking they took my laser. So much for ems.

Your not out of the woods till you get the laser, but I wouldn't panic just yet...
If they did seize it you can probably get o-like to send another.

He means that O-Like is not on U.S. Customs confiscate list.

ok then wicked lasers is probably on the black list because they confiscated my krypton 1 watt, but wl shipped it again ant i got the second one.

ok then wicked lasers is probably on the black list because they confiscated my krypton 1 watt, but wl shipped it again ant i got the second one.

Indeed they are. Boblaser is as well as I understand it. Stay away from either of those if you are in the US and you should increase your chances of it getting through to you.

This is the US customs DWPE (Detain Without Physical Examination) list for laser products. Wicked Laser and Bob Laser are both on the list.

Import Alert 95-04

Last edited:
Did not get my laser yet
Please put your location in your profile page- help come quicker & better if you do...

BobLaser has been around forever is on most peeps crapola list.
Never send $$ to them or WL.

I have a friend high up in US Coast Guard and I am told aside from the list in the link above-- there are basically three catigories a shipper/importer can be placed into-- Trusted Shippers is where you want to be- thier stuff rarely gets questioned(and they often use $$ Express--DHL is a great one to use or ask/insist your shippoer to use dhl) on the other end of the spectrum is UN-Trusted shippers- thier almost always get opened and the rest fall into the middle and mainly get opened randomly.

Express, to me, is more about not having the package NOT opened and less about how quick it gets delivered. DHL inspects in China and they put yellow tape 'DHL Inspected' on the box and the shipper usually finishes packing but often makes sure that the DHL tape is visable. I have gotten a dozen DHL Express w/o any ever being opened.

If free shipping is offered you need to know they will not use Express
and they always have a disclaimer about lost-delayed- taxed-siezed etc etc- so read that as a warning..

if lost or siezed you are often SOOL(shit out of luck)

Last edited: