Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Heatsinks

Spyderz20x6 said:
Anyone know where i can get custom heatsinks? Thanks

You can get custom heatsinks at any machine shop that has a lathe and accepts small jobs from the public. You may be able to get a student at your local community college to do it as a project. I know Jayrob did at least one custom job, but the client provided all of the measurements to him.

Peace,
dave

Get a chunk of aluminum, drill a hole through it, and press in or glue your module to it.

what are u looking to make ? do u have a pic, measurements, i can have my local machine shop do it for cheap ? but all depends on what u want and how hard.

Yea, i use old PC heatsinks. I cut them with a hac saw, file, and drill them to sort of what I want.

I work in an injection molding shop. We have a machine shop with all but an EDM unit. Send me the specs and the stock and grease my palms with silver. Joking about the silver, it will be a good chance to make some myself with your dimensions.
Many machine shops will for a small fee do your work. For what your talking about $35.

Spyderz20x6 said:

Just curious - why did you bump a thread where you said you don't need anything, and will PM when you do ? That makes very little sense to me - perhaps I missed something...let me go read again.

daguin said:
 I know Jayrob did at least one custom job, but the client provided all of the measurements to him.

Peace,
dave

Just a couple of members who sent me drawings. Actually, I did Jake21's drawing from his description, and he had to OK it.
Jay

Attachments

• Jacobs_heatsink.jpg
    Jacobs_heatsink.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 100

Back